*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881461-A-Fair-Trade
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1881461
This is a short story about a young girl who's never been kissed.
Oh great! Valentine's Day is tomorrow and once again I'm alone, Maggie thought.  What is wrong with me? Why can't I find true love? Maggie had long, thick, red hair with piercing blue eyes. She was seventeen years old and had fully grown into her feminine curves. The pain of her loneliness was too much to bear for any amount of time and she wanted to escape. So, she decided to distract herself with her favorite hobby..."Collecting butterflies." Maggie was fascinated by these fairy-like creatures. Optimistic, she peered outside her bedroom window and felt the sun-filled breeze caress her skin enticing her with the scent of freshly cut grass.  It's such a beautiful day, I'm sure I'll find the perfect butterfly to add to my collection. She picked up her net and off she went to the parkland. She walked for about one block and took a short cut through the cemetery and just as she was passing through, she noticed an exotic butterfly perched on top of a tombstone.  "Oh my God!" Maggie gasped. "That looks exactly like a Palos Verdes Blue!" The Palos Verdes Blue was one of the rarest butterflies in the world and they were only found in the Palos Verdes Peninsula in Southwest Los Angeles County, California. Maggie lived in Florida!  That's impossible! She thought. Maggie carefully approached the insect to get a closer view and was shocked to discover that it really was a Palos blue. She then, slowly raised her net, and just as she was about to make her move to capture the winged beauty...a raven haired boy leaped out from behind a tall graveyard monument next to her.  "Gotcha!"  He boastfully screamed, as he instantly caught the butterfly in a small plastic cup.  Startled, Maggie shrieked, but soon came to her senses and protested, "Hey, that's not fair! I was here first!"  The handsome boy grinned mischievously and decided to make a deal with Maggie. "I'll tell you what, if you give me a kiss, I'll give you the butterfly."  Maggie hesitantly agreed and just before she could close her eyes, he dipped her with all the finesse of a leading man in a classic movie and gave her a kiss that seemed to stop time. She felt every muscle in her body melt and he had disarmed her so much, that she forgot all about the butterfly in his cup, but the butterflies in her stomach, she will never forget!




© Copyright 2012 Beatriz Alayon (writinglily at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881461-A-Fair-Trade