*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1882433-The-Witchs-Son-Ch1
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1882433
I've wanted to do a proper story for a while now but never got around to it and now I have
         Kenan sat up. he looked around his house. his mother and sister were out. He sat up and rubbed the sleepiness from his eyes. He walked from his bed over to the kettle saw that there was a light brown concoction in the bowl. He assumed it was porridge due to the lumps his mother left in whenever she made breakfast. Kenan ladled himself a bowl of brown lumpy muck, it landed in his bowl with a plop. he moved to the table and ate his porridge after he was done he scooped up some snow from outside letting it melt inside the hut.
         A loud banging caused Kenan to jump as the door to the hut slammed open revealing his sister standing in the door a smile on her face that said that something good had happened and snow in her hair.
"Mornin little brother." she said as she stepped into the door
"Mornin Kela. You look happy. Did something good happen?"
"Yeah I saw Trevor today." she said blushing a little "I don't think he saw me though." she said the smile fading from her face "But what about you though little brother?" she said the smile returning "Do anything today yet?"
"I haven't had a chance I only just woke up. I'm gonna go and try to play with some of the other kids today"
"Alright little brother, Make sure to stay warm. It's getting pretty cold out there.
Kenan grabbed his coat and pulled it on and went to go and see if any of the other children in the village wanted to play today.
         As Kenan walked through the snow he wondered if Sarah would want to play today, he thought she would but she might have to clean the house today and he didn't know what he'd do if she did, he'd offered to help her clean before but as soon as her father saw him he threw him out into a pile of manure that had been there while Sarah gave him a sad look. the next day she had said that her father didn't want them to play with each other anymore but that didn't stop them the day after they'd run up old Brakers Hill then rolled down it a couple of times.
         As Kenan walked up to the gates he saw Sarah's father walking out. Kenan quickly dove into the snow covered bushes pulling the branches over him. He waited for a few minutes before coming out.
         He looked around and couldn't see Sarah's dad anywhere. he'd probably been going into the woods to cut wood. As Kenan approached the Gate he saw that Gerry was on guard. Kenan had always wondered what Gerry was guarding against anything that he could keep out wouldn't hurt any of the village people and anything that could hurt them he couldn't stop, old as he was Kenan thought about vocalizing his question to the old guards man but decided against it. what if he didn't let him in then? He couldn't play with Sarah then.
"Ello Kenan, how're you today?"
"I'm fine, sir."
"What's your business today? Going to see your lover?" he teased "I just saw her Father leaving into the woods. Going to sneak a quick kiss lover boy?"
"I- er- What?" stuttered Kenan
"Go on in Boy, Have you're self a good time and say hi to Sarah for me." he said with a chuckle and a wave motioning for Kenan to enter past the villages walls.
"Thanks Gerry, and I will." Said Kenan with a smile still pondering what Gerry had meant by "lover boy". He decided that he'd think on it later for now he was going to play with Sarah he walked up to their house and knocked three times waited for a few minutes rubbing his hands together to keep them warm he'd wished he'd remembered to grab gloves when the door opened revealing Sarah in a thick woolen dress her golden hair tied back into a tight bun on the back of her head.
"Kenan!" she said a smile crossing her face she spread her arms wide for a hug rushing forwad. Kenan returned the smile and hugged her back, the hug lasted a few seconds until they broke apart
"Gerry says Hi." said Kenan as Sarah invited him inside
"Oh? I thought that he was off duty for today." she asked slightly confused
"I guess not, he let me in after all." Said Kenan with a shrug
"You want to do something today? the snow's falling thickly we could make a snow man or something." asked Kenan
"Sure just let me get my coat then we can go." she said walking over to where she'd hung her coat on a wall. Kenan watched her walk across the room, thinking where they'd go he decided on a clearing in the woods they'd found a few years ago.
the two of them walked out the door where Kenan suggested they head to the clearing to build their snowman
"Sure that sounds like fun only let's call him a snow knight." she said with a smile "He can have a sword and everything."
"Alright sounds like fun." Replied Kenan a smile crossing his cheeks as he thought about the snow knight they'd be building.
"And why are you so happy?" asked Sarah noticing his smile as they walked down the street
"Hmm? oh I don't know I guess it's just the snow." said Kenan with a shrug
"Oh yes, it's just the snow boy, not anything else" said Gerry winking at the two. Kenan jumped he hadn't noticed they had reached the wall around the village.
"Hello Sarah, did Kenan relay my message?"
"He sure did. But I thought You had the day off" she said to Gerry
"I would've but Thomas caught something the Captain asked me to fill in and because I didn't have anything better to do I agreed." said to old man "Plus how do you think anyone else would ave reacted to your little friend here entering the village."
"Yeah I guess, tell your wife I say Hi and thank her for the bread she sent us yesterday."
"Alright you two get out of here I've got a lot of nothing to do." at this comment a confused look crossed Kenan and Sarah's faces causing Gerry to laugh heartily "Go on you two, go and play." he said motioning for them to pass through the walls.
"Thanks Gerry." said Kenan this earned him another smile from the guards man.
© Copyright 2012 Undbitr (yogi-bear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1882433-The-Witchs-Son-Ch1