*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1882852-UFOs-and-Humanity
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1882852
Check this out and let me know your opinion
UFO Encounters and Humanity




         Here’s a scenario, the President of the United States (or any other world leader) calls a surprise press conference. Everyone, media and presidential staff included, is baffled by the sudden press conference, and show up as recommended at the White House by noon Eastern Standard Time. If this isn’t baffling enough, all airways around the world are broadcasting his/her announcement.

The Conference Room is packed with media and everyone is chatting away, debating what the announcement has to be. Most people suggest that a new war has started, however others continue to debate that a new source of energy has been harvested, and we are now free of an oil dependent economy. The President enters the room at noon sharp, and the entire room falls silent.

“Ladies and gentleman,” he or she begins, “I have gathered you today because I have a major announcement, one that will shape human history as we know it. For some time, the military has been researching and gathering information about this, but now I feel the public has the right to know, we are not alone in the universe…”



What would the fallout be of such an announcement? Would there be mass panic among the citizens of the planet? Would riots ensure in the streets and the world fall into total chaos? No. In fact, with the overwhelming evidence that we are not alone in the universe piling up, humanity needs such a bomb shell (no pun intended) in order to fix who we are. Humanity has a certain chip on its shoulder that thinks we are masters of who we are, and this rock we call Earth. Really, we aren’t. Think about it, no matter what pesticides you put in the ground to grow your crops, you can’t control the amount of rain that will come that year in order for your plants to grow. Why are we trying to change the planet for our needs when really we can’t change it at all? Mother Nature is going to win in the end.

To say we are not alone in the universe would humble humanity, because then we would realize that there are other intelligent life forms in the universe that are superior in technology than we are, and instead of blowing each other up and spending our resources on better ways to kill one another, we could spend the time to learn from other species, and in return, tell them what we have learned, not only in new ways of thinking, but we can tell them our mistakes, and where we went wrong as a civilization. Let’s be honest, we have had moments that we aren’t proud of.

A boot in the butt is what we really need. Think, if we all knew that there was more out there than on this tiny grain of sand in a beach of galaxies, maybe we would stop blowing each other up, and focus on learning again. Would you rather live in that world, or the world that hatred, bias, and discrimination built?

© Copyright 2012 Truth Seeker (eziotrollitore at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1882852-UFOs-and-Humanity