*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1882856-Cant-Forget--Chapter-Two
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1882856
Lisa and David continue on, in this romantic love story.
I got into my car and started driving to Kohl’s. When I arrived, I picked out a really nice casual dress that was baby blue, with silver lining on the top. I then went over and found a pair of black high heeled shoes that looked just darling with it. I walked to the cash register and rang up my sale and together they both cost 50$. Just on my budget, I sighed thankfully. I walked back to my car, by this time, it was pouring rain outside. I ran, as though to keep the clothing dry. I got into my car and decided to go to the bookstore again, but I decided to go out for lunch along the way. I went out to eat at Popeye’s restaurant, and bought wicked chicken.

When I finally arrived at the bookstore, I walked over to the café part and got my usual, and then went to go find books. Just as I was picking up another book called How to Make It through College Alive, David walked in. When I saw him, my heart started racing. He’s so cute, I thought to myself. There’s something about him, it’s almost as if light radiates of his body. I realized I was staring, when he looked in my direction.

On instinct, I ducked, but he saw me. I crawled around to the back of the bookshelves, but he walked over, and said “Hey Lisa”.

I couldn’t find the words to respond correctly but finally I managed “He-hey David”.

“What are you doing?” he asked with a puzzled look on his face.

“Oh, I just ... uhm... I found this book, and was looking at how stupid it is...”

“Oh... I read that book last week…” he frowned. “I didn’t think it was stupid...”

“Okay, to be honest, I was about to buy it, but... when I saw you, I didn’t want you to think I was a nerd so…” “Really??? But I am a nerd, why would I judge you? Ha-ha, Trust me I’m in no place to judge. I just finished watching the star trek box series for the billionth time.”

“Which one?” He looked at me embarrassedly. I could see his cheeks turning bright red.

“Promise you won’t laugh?”

“Promise”

“It was captain kurk addition.”

“Yes that’s the best one!!” We laughed together.

“Well, I had better go get my books now” he said. “

Okay, see you tonight still?”

“Of course!”

He walked away and I watched him go from the corner of my eye. I swear it’s like a magnetic attraction, I just feel this strange pull towards him. I walk back up to the café, pay for the coffee I ordered to go, and then I walk to the front of the shop and pay for the book. I drove home from the book shop and went straight to my room. I tried on the beautiful blue dress and black shoes once again. I twirled and spun, and started dancing around my room, and singing. It’s been so long since I’ve been on a date. I look over at the clock. “Oh My God! Its 5pm already?” I scrambled to get in the shower. I felt the cold water falling on me and my stress melted away. Running the fresh smelling soapy lather through my long black hair, I smiled. *Tonight will be amazing* I thought to myself. I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. I began blow drying and straightening my hair. I took me an hour and a half, but I finally got my hair done, and I even put on some -ugh- make up. It looked okay though. I got dressed and stood in front of the mirror for a few minutes. My straight long black hair hung partially in my face, and my bangs covered one of my electric green eyes. I looked at how the dress fit around my slim pale body, and how it looked compared to my long, awkward legs. "I look okay, I guess. ..". I decided to leave it at that, and walked out to the apartment entrance, as promised.

When I got to the entrance of the apartment, David was already there. He was driving a blue mersades, with tinted windows.

"Hey Lisa, how are you"? he said as he got out of the car to open up my door.

"I'm good, I've just been studying for college starting soon. What about you?"

"I've been doing okay, ... missing you..."

"Aww, that's sweet" I stuttered nervously. "I missed you too."

We arrived at the restaurant and walked in the doors.

"Hello, table for two, under the name David Alexander"

"Right over here sir", replied the waitor.

We were eating at a fancy japanese restaurant, named Osaka. We were seated, and began to chat about random things, our families, school, books. Everything was going spectacular.

"At Osaka's, they cook the food in front of you." he whispered to me as the show began. I saw fire and fish flying high, with very fancy knife skills that reminded me of the Culinary Academy I'm attending soon. Before we knew it, our plates of food were in front of us, and they were delicious!

"How do you like the food?" asked David, shyly.

"Oh, I love it, it's delicious." I replied with a shy smile.

"That's good..."

"Are you okay David? You seem a little down."

"Yeah, i'm fine.. just nervous about something I plan on doing soon."

"Huh? What are you talking about David?"

David pulled out a blue box, and opened it up. Inside, was a beautiful diamond necklace, with a blue sapphire, right in the middle.

"Lisa? Will you be my girl friend?" he asked, now blushing brighter than ever.

I leaned foward and kissed him softly on his now rosy red cheek.

"Yes, that sounds wonderful." I replied, with the biggest smile.

His eyes lit up, and he smiled widely.

"Yes!" he said in excitement, as he fixed the necklace around my neck.

Looking up at the clock, we realized that it was near ten already.

"Wow, Lisa, I'm really sorry, I didn't realize it was so late!" he said, shocked. "I'll get you home before your mom starts to worry" he said.

My mom, worrying. Hah. I laughed at the thought, as we were leaving the restaurant. Ever since my dad has died, she hasn't worried about anyone, not even herself. She got kicked out of her apartment when I was eighteen years old. I was already living on my own with a steady job, so I took her in. I mean, she's my mom, what else could I do?

We pulled up to the entrance to the apartments, and he parked his car, and walked me to my door.

"I had a wonderful time tonight David" I said, nervously.

"Me too." He said, with a sparkle in his eyes. "I'll call you tommorow"

"Okay" I replied.

And then, I leaned foward, closed my eyes, and kissed him, passionately.

"Later." I said as I suddenly got nervous, and ran inside.

I walked to my room and layed down on the bed. Thinking about everything that hapened tonight, I smiled.

And I fell asleep, with that smile still on my face.

© Copyright 2012 Julia Quinn (thejquinn18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1882856-Cant-Forget--Chapter-Two