*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883128-Things-to-never-say-to-a-pregnant-woman
Rated: E · Article · Women's · #1883128
A comical view at some of the things people say to pregnant women and probably shouldn't.
Pregnancy humor: Things you should never say to a pregnant woman

Always with the best of intentions, people seem to say and ask pregnant women some of the oddest things. This just happens to be one of those times in life where just about everyone will have some sort of advice, question or comment regardless of whether or not it’s well received. Most often you welcome them with an open mind and they are sweet, endearing and sometimes even great advice, but then there those that can be insulting, insensitive, and sometimes just plain dumb and irritating.

So with that in mind, and just to humor us all, here are some of the things you should never say to a pregnant woman.

    You’re just upset because of hormones- Let’s face it, if you say this to an upset pregnant woman I can promise that it will not end well for you. You may want to run now.
    Was it planned?- How is it ever anyone’s business whether you planned out your baby’s conception or maybe had an oops night of birth control?
    Is your husband/fiance/boyfriend the father?- This is never appropriate to ask, period.
    Your chest is huge!- Just don’t do it. No one ever knows how to respond...’Um yes, thank you but must you stare and call everyone’s attention to them?’ is what you feel like saying
    Should you be drinking/eating that?- Chances are pretty good she has already gone over with her doctor what is & isn’t ok to indulge in. No need to be our dietitian.
    You’re huge!- Come on now, when is that ever a nice thing to say to anyone?
    Are you sure you’re not having twins?- That’s like asking someone if they’re sure if they’re gender is correct, of course they’re sure you might as well have just called them fat instead.
    Are you going to breastfeed?- This is a really personal choice, but aside from that is that really anyone’s business?
    It’s about time you got pregnant!- This is just insensitive, some couples struggle with infertility while some women chose to wait and have a career, travel or whatever before starting a family.
    Are you going to have any more kids?- Really, the first one isn’t even out yet and you’re asking about more? One at a time people, please.
© Copyright 2012 Codi Steele (dandiee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883128-Things-to-never-say-to-a-pregnant-woman