*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883798-Forgiveness
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1883798
Responding to my thought for today.
FORGIVENESS

Facebook always starts its page with "What's on my mind?"  I've always thought that to be a good place to start my day.  Some days there is absolutely nothing on my mind, and I've learned to be alright with that.  Other days, there is so much on my mind, I do not know where to start.  Today, however, there is but one thought that comes to mind.  Forgiveness. 

Today, I forgive those who have wronged me in any way shape form or fashion.  I also ask their forgiveness for any wrong that I might have done caused or instigated by omission, comission or remission.  I often wonder why we stop at "amen" with the Lord's prayer when the next two verses tell us what we must do to be forgiven, and why we must first forgive.  Matthew 6:14-15 " 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses (sins), your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses (sins), neither will your Father forgive your trespasses (sins).

We have been taught to pray this prayer since childhood with no consideration and/or discussion about verses 14 and 15.  We must FORGIVE OTHERS for GOD to FORGIVE US!  Can't forgive -- no forgiveness.  Don't believe?  Read your Bible whatever version.  Forgiveness is key to happiness, in life, at work, in relationships, in our ability to move forward.  Things will NEVER EVER ALWAYS go the way we want them to, but if we forgive ourselves, forgive others, and LEARN from our mistakes life will take you to the heights you were meant to be.

Forgiveness is a gift that you can give to someone and never miss it.  It is an opportunity to make someone else feel good, while relieving you of your burden.  It is a gift that keeps on giving because each time that person remembers how wrongfully they treated you, and how wonderfully you have been to them, they remember your gift of forgiveness.

Oooops forgot to mention that true forgiveness also means forget it, you can't keep harboring the thoughts about whatever it was that you forgave.  The best way to keep a sore from healing is to keep on picking in it. Every time you remove the scab or scratch it, you re-infest it and prolong the healing.  Forgive, forget, no forbearance.  It's over.  Done.  Finished. Clean sheet/slate.  Start anew.  Is there someone you should be forgiving today?  There is in my life, and I am taking advantage of this day to just seek forgiveness.  Will you join me?
© Copyright 2012 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883798-Forgiveness