*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883961-The-Runner
by nathan
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1883961
A gilmpse into the future with a survivor from the 2012 dooms day.
The Runner



It has almost been two months since the great catastrophe of the 21st of December 2012 and as humanity has been crippled from what was thought only a myth there seems little chance of a civilized world anymore. Humanity struggles on through this bleak existence all we can ever do is survive through these tough times and hope for a better and brighter future which seems to be getting further and further away every day. My name is Tyrone and I’m am one of few survivors in Europe and for the past year I went from having everything I could ever possible want to running for my very survival as I deliver messages of hope to any and all survivors i may come across.

Since January 2013 the remainder of the government has been trying to reach out to any and all survivors everywhere to come together to rebuild the lives we knew and that’s were I come in because my job is to venture into places were the catastrophe has hit most effectively to deliver hope which sounded easy when I signed up in what’s left of London but this job I have undertaken is more dangerous and frightening than I ever could ever have imagined.

I have ventured all around Europe and I have seen many things I had never imagined and when I started the politicians called us runners and we were never sure why until the day we were sent out on our first venture which was to France were myself and two other runners called Shiro and Jessica and we were to find and rally up any and all survivors to the channel to await rescue from the remainder of the British navy but most French didn't even contemplate it because there were obviously speculations of wmd's causing this which means weapons of mass destruction and they had thought it was either us or America but no one would ever know if it was or wasn't America because it is now below the constantly rising sea level because of the seismic activity beneath America which in turn split America to small remote islands.

As me and my collages had rounded up all the people we could we came across something which to this day still hunts my very mind and  this was how fast people will resort to cannibalism even though there was still signs of wild life. The sight of these monsters made me and Shiro sick because of the sight of a river of blood coming from corpuses that had their organs and limbs strips from them it was like looking at a lamb after being taken to the slaughter house. The monsters of men who done this will forever be in my mind and I’ll never forget their blood covered faces and their eyes black as night because men like this are no longer human they are feral monsters who are very sick upstairs and although the sight of these beasts scared me I pitied them for it was not their fault they had turned out this way so I approached them with caution but before I could find out if they were still human in side and able understand me, Jessica had shot three bullets and as I seen these monsters bodies fall to the ground I couldn’t help but feel sad for humanity because if this is what is going to happen I didn't want to be a part of it.

As the group started walking again Shiro said he heard a scream from the back of the group so I left Jessica to tend to the group as myself and Shiro went to see what happen  and when we got to the source of the screaming I couldn’t believe my eyes but one of the men shoot by Jessica was not dead but not aware of our presents either but like a wild dog he started sniffing and then looked in our direction, screamed and ran towards us so I started to run as fast as my legs could carry me as did Shiro and when we got back to the group no one was no longer there we were alone with the monsters so we continued running for the coast hoping to see a friendly face but all we got instead was a red sea of corpses and the HMS Ocean one of the last remaining assault ships left in the royal navy on its side on the beach head of Omaha France. For me and Shiro it looked like a inhumane end for these poor souls but even though they have perished we have gave hope to the world by showing there are still people out there and we are not alone.

© Copyright 2012 nathan (sorringeagle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1883961-The-Runner