*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1884593-The-demon-and-the-man
Rated: E · Poetry · Horror/Scary · #1884593
A demon taunts a man
The man recoiled in horror when the demon appeared to him, frightened.  Glowing ember eyes stared at him with narrow slits.  He perceived immense strength and power in the taut, red skin and the tall, large build as it towered over his bleeding body. Badly frightened, he placed his arms around himself, feeling vulnerable and alone.

The demon grinned.  " How pathetic, how weak and how vulnerable you and your kind are," his booming voice said mockingly. "Enslaving you certainly would be an easy task.  Your wretchedness disgusts me enough to make me want to destroy you where you are.....but you amuse at the same time.  You are so pitiful, it is most entertaining."

The tall demon leaned closer, his large, cat eyes staring into the man's soul, striking terror into him.  The demons closeness to his naked body brought an intense heat with it that almost scorched him.

"Tell me," the demon said. "Why are you so pathetic? So weak and insignificant??"
It took him a moment to gather his thoughts.
Sweat trickled down his face.
He had his head bowed but he now raised it to face the demon.
" I am not weak," he said, his voice trembling. " I am not pathetic, and I am not insignificant. I am only....injured".
© Copyright 2012 Sara Black (shaandar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1884593-The-demon-and-the-man