*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1884913-A-How-to-on-Fetish-Interactives
by Amme
Rated: 18+ · Article · How-To/Advice · #1884913
A brief guide and how to for the people on the "alternative" side of Writing.com
Congratulations! By reading this, you have taken the first steps to writing a better interactive story that appeals to your own individual fetish! Now for those of you reading who are not familiar with the term "fetish," or if you are easily grossed out by the "capabilities" of the human body, I ask that you please turn away now, for your own sake. Some content here may repulse and upset you. That being said, some of the tips provided here can be very useful for all interactive stories. I only title this for fetish writers since it's the part of the community I am with.

As a brief introduction, my name is Amme, or Ammexous. I've looked over a large amount of interactive stories tailored to fetishes, and if you know me, I can be very critical and cruel. While I've found some interactive stories that are fantastic, I've had the misfortune of finding even more that are poor. Beyond poor, even. My goal with this article is to inform you of how to make a better interactive, and on top of it, how to be better with adding to interactive stories as well!

With that out of the way, let us begin! To many, what is a fetish? Simply, a fetish is a desire imbued into one's mind that the individual (more often than not) finds sexually attractive. These fetishes vary greatly, from more commonly known fetishes such as breast expansion, fecal matter, and transformation, to the more obscure such as amputation and trees. Goodness, there's a fetish for nearly everything out there! There are even proper terms for attractions that are not even considered "fetishes," such as the attraction to men or attraction to adults!

For those interested, here's a compilation of many fetishes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paraphilias

Still with me? Good!

Now that we've established what a fetish is, let's get to the point already. You're here to learn how to write a better interactive story tailored to a fetish! Below, you will see that I've divided tips into two sections: tips for people who create interactive stories, and people who are adding to interactive stories. After I reveal each tip, I'll include a passage going more depth as to WHY it is important as well as examples. So with that being said, let us get this underway!

TIPS FOR CREATING A STORY:

1. Know who you will be appealing to.

Possibly the most obvious thing of all is to know what audience you will be appealing to. For example, if you are creating an interactive for, say, fart torture, you have to think of what other groups of people may take an interest in this. People who are into slobs or perhaps even people who are into feces may also look at your story. Now this is, by NO means, a bad thing, but you have to remember that if they add to your story that they made add their own little fetishes into it as well! This can be an issue if you had your heart set on making the story purely fart torture. However, as you will see in the next tip, this can be easily avoided with a little preparation!

2. Set clear and precise rules.

With this, you should be able to keep most chapters that you don't want in your story away. If you want a fart torture story, but you don't want to hear about everything else that an anus is capable of, then make sure it is known in the rules from the get-go! You still might get the occasional user who ignores the rules and posts anyway. I say, this violation gives you full rights to delete their chapter from existence!

However, you should also be sure that it's not YOUR fault for being too vague in your rules. For example, if you want to make a giant story where ONLY males are involved, you have to put forth the effort to make that as clear as possible. If I said "Women cannot grow, but may be apparent in the story," remember that means that characters can lead heterosexual relationships. This is not a bad thing, but there are people out there that would like to keep their stories restricted to one gender. To remedy this, you could change the rule to "No women. Period."

With all this being said, there is one rule I've noticed people make from time to time. To put it in exaggerated terms, it goes, "No gay stuff. But yuri (which is female on female) is okay because that's hot." I've noticed that this irritates many people. It paints the author/creator in a negative light. A better way to go about this would be to ask that male interaction be kept to a minimum or to just make sure the story is kept primarily female to avoid the possibility of male on male altogether. If males are a large part of the story and setting a guideline like the examples listed won't work, I would recommend making a note that your story is to focus on the females and not the males.

Again, this is given you are asking for lesbian relationships as opposed to gay ones.

3. Be prepared to do some of the work yourself!

I CAN NOT stress this enough!!! There is an old saying that goes "If you build it, they will come." When it comes to interactive stories, this saying is (nine times out of ten) false. Just because you make an interactive does NOT mean that others will write it for you. That is pure laziness. I cannot even begin to name off the number of times I got excited about a new, upcoming interactive because it has 15 "chapters," only to find out the lazy author just posted a bunch of choice chapters! And I find myself thinking, "What, I'm supposed to do all the work while you just lay back and banish a white Russian from your Kremlin?" And don't try lying. This is FETISH fiction. We all know what you're doing with it.

To start off, add to at least ONE of the choice chapters you made. Just set the setting, the characters, and what's happening in the world around them. Try to make it at least, AT LEAST two paragraphs. For those of you who don't know, a paragraph is a group of 3-5 COMPLETE sentences. I've seen a largely successful interactive fetish story that was able to run on just having two paragraph responses.

And what do you do after you've written your first chapter? Keep adding!!! Don't just add ONE actual chapter, add two! Or ten! Just having one chapter isn't going to get people adding, open all the possible "doors" for them!

I mean honestly, you created an interactive story, you must have SOME idea of what you want to do with it or where you want to go with it. Give us some foothold to help us help you.

4. If someone adds to a storyline, add on to it!

This isn't necessarily a requirement but it makes the writer feel like you were at least interested in their idea. It encourages them to add again! And who knows, you might actually make a new friend! Send messages to each other, back and forth, discuss where your story is going and what you can do with it! Most people, more often than not, are friendly and willing to work with you!

That being said, you should almost NEVER ask/beg for a popular writer to add to one of your stories unless you already have a personal relationship with them. It comes off as needy and desperate.

If you really want someone to add to your story, add to one of theirs first! Or make some friends with a common interest and add together! However! Just because you add to someone's story, don't feel like they have to give you an addition back.

- - -


With all these tips in mind, you can help writers help you! You're on your way to becoming a successful fetish author on Writing.com!

- - -


With creation out of the way, we now move onto a part that's just as important: Adding to a story! Without people adding to stories, then all we'll have are a bunch of authors who feel uninspired because no one added to their interactive.

TIPS FOR ADDING TO STORIES:

1. Abide by the rules the author has laid down!

This tip is pretty straightforward, but you get so many people who just carelessly add to the story because they can. In fact, I can guarantee you those people aren't even reading this article I'm writing right now. You can tell these people apart from good writers right off the bat (keep this in mind. I'll expand on it more in the next paragraph). Remember that the author has the authority in their interactive story, and if you violate the rules, they're likely to delete your chapter or in worse cases, block you if you're a repeat offender! The rules are made to guide everyone to make an enjoyable storyline for whoever they are trying to appeal to.

Now if there's one rule that many, many stories have, it's that you use proper spelling and grammar. You've probably heard it a lot, but you still get people that blatantly ignore it and add anyway. These people are divided into three groups:

         a. People who are not of an English-speaking nation. Please remember that these people are trying their best and mean no harm.

         b. People who are just adding quick replied because they want you to do all the work so they can get their rocks off. They may also add a new and/or multiple choices but make no effort to actually write a story. Even sadder, some of these types of people make all new interactive stories that are all choices with no real sustenance. These people are annoying, and I entirely recommend just deleting their chapters to teach them a lesson.

         c. Trolls. It should be fairly obvious if someone is trying to troll your interactive story. They'll steer the plot off it's rails, make the story end abruptly, or write in a manner based on stereotypes corresponding to the fetish. These chapters are best deleted and the user blocked.

Remember, you should never just assume that a writer is one of these types by one or two chapters. Try checking "More chapters by this author" or waiting to see if they do it again. Also, there's a chance that the user is just new to Writing.com and doesn't know how to add yet.

2. Don't be afraid to add, but remember to do it right!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Many authors are just happy to have someone add to their story! Just be sure to abide by the rules they set.

Again, try to follow the golden rules of length and grammar. Add at least two readable paragraphs. And if you can, please, PLEASE add something with some sustenance. For example, with giant/giantess stories, don't just say "(S)He grew to 50 feet and said "wow this is great!"" Or something like that. Describe what you would see with the growth, how does the character feel, be descriptive!

That being said, don't feel like you have to be an award winning author to add. There are some chapters where using simple words can get the job done. Don't forget what people are doing more often than not when they're reading your story. When you're "at it" do you really want to stop for a moment to think what the word "undulated" means or how to pronounce it? Or do you want to read quick words that appeal to a more primal sense like "big" "bulging" "massive" "grew" and "pumping?" And don't feel like you have to appeal to EVERY part of a fetish EVERY time. For example, with muscle growth, most people love chest (AKA pecs), biceps, abs, and ass the most. There are some that enjoy legs and thighs. Something that helps is knowing who your audience is. Would they like to hear about rippling thighs, so tight and defined, larger than any tree trunks you've ever seen in your life?

That being said, it's best not to use words over and over again in the same chapter. Like if a guy or gal is really huge and muscular, don't just describe every part of their body as buff. Also try not to use the medical terms for genitalia. Not a lot of people find the word "penis" and "vagina" sexy. Get nasty! Use dick, cock, pussy, wet cavern! Whatever gets you hot! (I mean if penis or vagina is a word that gets you hot, hey that's your thing...)

If your chapter gets deleted, take a moment to look back at what you wrote. Then compare it to the rules that were set down. Did you violate any of them? Take a glance at the other chapters and what they are like. Did you derail the plot? If you can't see what you did wrong, it's at least worth a try to message the creator and ask what you did wrong. Be aware that they may be displeased with you and may not give you a very pleasant answer.

3. When adding back and forth with someone, do not derail the plot!!!

It's happened too many times. You're having a great time adding, when suddenly BAM, next thing you know, someone has forced the plot to take a sudden, drastic turn that no one likes.

There is another key part to this: PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE PREVIOUS PERSON WROTE

I've seen people who write chapters that make the plot go in an entirely different direction, and it seemed like they didn't even read what you wrote!

But I digress. Make sure you're actually keeping up with what's going on! Making a minor mistake is okay (such as mistaking one character for another), but there have been people who will take a story that was running just fine and all of a sudden someone dies and now you're stuck in some place you don't want to be! STAY. ON. TOPIC.

Plus, there's another form of this that is considered douche baggery. It's when one person is trying to progress a plot, but the other is insistent on making everything turn out the way THEY want it to be. Unless you and the person you're writing with have very similar interests, don't make it so the story only focuses on the person you want it to focus on or make it so things only go the way you want them to. For example, only a certain archetype of character partakes in the fetish, or the character always performs the fetish in the same manner. Not only is it boring, but people will see you as a real annoying jerk for always making things go your way.

- - -


And with that, you have tips for adding to a story. Writing isn't quite as numerous as the responsibilities an author should have, but they can be more sensitive and difficult. Emphasis on they CAN be. They don't HAVE to be.

Being a good writer isn't difficult. Just add properly, and find the right story that goes at the right pace for you.

- - -


With that, I am happy to conclude this article on how to write interactive fetish stories. I hope that you can make use of the tips I've provided to you, and let's all hope that we can make a brighter future for all interactive stories everywhere!

If you have any tips you would like to see in this guide please feel free to message me! You will be given full credit for your assistance.

Happy writing!



Amme
© Copyright 2012 Amme (ammexous at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1884913-A-How-to-on-Fetish-Interactives