*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1885188-Chivalry
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1885188
Fun little prompt contest 319 words
    Chivalry
    It was a lovely library in an old Victorian house. The bookcase was filled with old works of some of the great masters.  There was one shelf where Charlie and Maggie each had their own fish bowl.
    Charlie considered himself a quixotic dreamer even though he was a fish.  His bowl was in the right position to see the book Don Quixote and Maggie in her nebulous water.  He was a fighter at heart and stood for right even if it involved a fight. He felt deeply that someone should be taking better care of his lady love.  His anger began to magnify every waking moment.
    All he could think of was her beautiful eyes, her mouth, delicate fins and her suction cup kiss. In his mind she was the loveliest sight he had ever seen. Her beauty was beyond compare.  He dreamed of saving her and swimming away with her into the horizon instead of being stuck in those small bowls.
    The maid walked in and began cleaning the library.  Charlie knew this would be his chance to save his lady love. The maid was coming closer but she was too busy to notice his flight onto the large book next to his bowl.
    Next, he dropped down behind the book and found a toothpick he could use as a sword. Bravely he made his way over to Maggie’s bowl.  He jumped against her bowl over and over again until he knocked it over.  The water began pouring out and Maggie lay there wiggling.
    Naturally the maid was more concerned with the water than the fish.  Charlie and Maggie slide down the bookcase and onto the floor where the mop happened to have been. Now, they had a ride to the sink, where they would find freedom down the drain and to the ocean and the horizon.
    “It’s time to change your water little guy.”

YellowRose 
         
319words   
© Copyright 2012 Yellow Rose (yellowroses at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1885188-Chivalry