*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1885600-Misunderstanding
Rated: · Fiction · Other · #1885600
The Writer's Cramp Forum prompt: writing about a storm form the storm's point of view
I am so happy! People think that because I’m sending buckets of water teeming down on them forcing them to try in vain to find a dry spot, that I’m sad.  But I’m not.  I’m laughing with joy, so much so that I can’t keep it to myself.

They believe that because I make loud noises that I’m angry at the world.  The booming is just my amusement; my delight in watching humans go through their daily lives, kissing their wives, hugging their children, treating each other compassionately.

And those jagged shards of light against the sky?  I must be displeased in something or someone. That couldn’t be farther from the truth!  Little do they realize I’m beaming in satisfaction and pride in My greatest creations: Earth and its inhabitants.

Sometimes, though, I know My exuberance is more than I can manage and that frightens them.  The thunderous outbursts get out of control and shake the homes they so lovingly built, forcing them to flee in fear.

The radiance of My smile shoots out so quickly and fiercely, that it blinds them; and the crackle strikes the trees, causing them to fall, crushing things beneath them. The result is the extinguishing of the force that runs their man-made appliances.

And My tears of joy flow so freely that they can’t be contained.  They overflow the rivers and streets, manifesting in slippery roads, flooded basements, flooding riverbanks and high tides.

Then My creations cry to me, begging for forgiveness, understanding, redemption. And there is no need!  I’m not angry with them, I love them. So I calm Myself and the rains slacken, the thunder quiets and the lightening stops.

And in their place is My sign of contentment, the warmth of my smile, the orb they call the Sun, Sometimes is the coolness of My complacency, the other orb they call the Moon. I wipe My brow as clouds pass. All is right with the world.
© Copyright 2012 giftedmuse (giftedmuse2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1885600-Misunderstanding