*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1885650-My-Love
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #1885650
How I realized my love for my driving license
It’s the first day of Ramadan and I couldn’t have asked for a better start. Today my application for a duplicate driving license was finally accepted by the RTO. You never realize the importance of some people and things until they are gone. I never took her out to see whether she’s comfortable in my of wallet. A few times I did take her out, it was only to show her some foul mouthed, scar faced, and sometime drunk cop. So , she decided to run away with some equally foul mouthed son-of-a-bitch L. My DL, my love, I miss you!

Today my 6 month ordeal has probably ended. And it was not out the efforts of many who I must thank.

I’d first like to thank Asiya. She encouraged me to take the right path and not getting a fake duplicate made from the Palam market. She has been the strength behind me all along, from waking me up at 7 on Saturdays, to accompanying me to the RTO on occasions.

Thanks to Danish for accompanying me on the first day of filing my papers. Running from counter to counter was made easy by his smiles. He was either enjoining watching me run or was thinking I was running for fun.

Thanks for Jerry, our bitch who sacrificed her life for my license; by getting run over by Shahjahan the first day we were going to the Dhanbad RTO. I learnt that dog is man’s best friend.

Thanks to the uncle who made the fake medical certificate and the genuine affidavit. I learned that the world is still full of good people, just that they have started charging for goodness.

Thanks to Sudesh for teaching me the importance of carrying the exact change. Not having 10 rupees costs 1 hour.

Thanks for Sarita mam for meticulously reviewing my application and finding faults in each review. Each fault costing me a Saturday morning. I learnt that government staff work like run-time compilers. They halt at the first mistake and don’t show all the errors in one go, as Visual Basic does.

Thanks to Dalbir Singh at the New Delhi police station for advising me to forge a 4 month old FIR and then later making the change himself. I learnt “iss ko kaun dekhta hai” (read it in jaath tone)!

And finally Sarita mam again, for accepting the application today, despite there being shortcomings, just because I had been running around for so long.

But all said and done, today my eyes are full of tears of happiness. I should be receiving my lost love’s duplicate anytime this week. There will be a small reception ceremony at my home on her arrival. I’ll take marriage vows and promise not to leave her unattended, till death do us apart. I’ll post her first pictures .
© Copyright 2012 uszaman (uszaman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1885650-My-Love