*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1886257-Of-Jordan-and-Earth
Rated: E · Draft · Fantasy · #1886257
An Angel's curiosity leads him to experience life on earth.
(Quick draft of a part in chapter one. This idea came to me one day, so i decided to write a small part that would kinda frame my idea. ~Josh) Back story - An Angel's curiosity leads him to experience life on earth. With many blessings promised, Jordan gets sent to earth to live a normal human life. Or so he thinks. . . With no memories of his past existence, Jordan goes through life being the most blessed "Atheist" (ironically) ever to walk the face of the planet. . .


         The freeway ramp collapsed; the cars in front fell head long to the buildings below. By the the time Jordan slammed on the brakes it was too late. Screaming from the passenger seat blended harmonically with the screech of tires. Jordan's blue sedan fell in slow motion. The cars that had fallen first were already in flames through the roof and inside the building. Jordan could see where he was to land. The car was now starting a downward turn into a somersault. His name was being yelled to the right of him. He had almost forgot all about his sister. "All is well." he told her. She stopped screaming just long enough to look at him with a quizzical look. They landed hard and heavy through the roof of "Eddy's mechanic shop". The car had turned just enough to allow the rear of the vehicle to hit first. Through the vaulted ceiling they fell and landed squarely onto another car that Eddy, later had said, was in his shop for the past week having dents removed for Miss Lindsay Selene.
         Jordan woke to the sounds of alarms and sirens. He looked down at himself with remote wonder. Then to the right, his sister lay limp in the seat with her chin to her chest. Blood was splayed all down the front of her shirt. The passenger side window was shattered, by her head Jordan had guessed. He unbuckled his seat belt and reached over to find that she was still breathing. "Melanie" he said while shaking her a bit. "hey, can you hear me? Melanie?" Jordan reassessed their situation. They were both alive, not in flames, and for the most part, safe. The white noise of alarms and sirens continued. Grabbing at the door handle revealed that his door was jammed shut. "Melanie, c'mon, we gotta get out of here" He was also surprised at just how calm he was. Must be shock. Jordan found that Melanie's door was jammed as well. He knew that he had to climb out the window.
         Reaching over and pulling on the passenger side hand lever, Jordan laid Melanie's seat back so he could climb over her and out the window. His back muscles let him know that he would feel something tomorrow. Falling out of the window and sprawling out on the ground, Jordan got to his feet, that is where he first noticed that another car had broke their fall. "Jordan?" it was Melanie! Climbing to look inside the car " hey, everything is alright, lets get you out of this car". Her eyes seemed to be glazed over and she squinted as if trying to see him. She seemed stable enough as she climbed from the window. Jordan helped her the rest of the way down. "What has happened?" she asked. Jordan could only shake his head. "Not sure, but we survived." Jordan took her arm and led her towards the exit. They both emerged from the building to find fire trucks and police. Firemen pointed and rushed over, "are you guys hurt?" "No we aren't, my car is in there." but before Jordan could say any more, they were both being covered by blankets and guided towards the ambulance. Before the doors shut, Jordan over heard someone say that they were lucky to be alive. Indeed, luck seemed to always be on his side when he needed it most. Even at times when he didn't need it. This thought caused a flood of memories. How lucky he was.

This story will show how God continually blesses Jordan through out his life. And Jordan, walking through life thinking luck and coincidence on his side at all times.
© Copyright 2012 Joshua David (commonvirtue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1886257-Of-Jordan-and-Earth