*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1886490-Myself-by-Myself
by Dave
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1886490
I was asked to create a character and have that character describe me.
Created? Such a powerful word. To say someone created someone implies a God like quality. Trust me, you do not want to equate David with God, as this would over inflate is already over inflated ego, to a point that it could not be held within this galaxy.

So, for the record, let’s just say David “thought me up”, and leave it at that.

David thinks a lot. He really thinks a lot. Problem being, he seldom acts upon his thoughts. Somewhere between the brain and the hand, there is a blockage…a cancer…a fear. You see David tends to be a perfectionist and, as they said in “The Right Stuff”, ”Gentlemen, failure is not an option.” He wants so bad to be Hemingway, Clancy and Shakespeare, well maybe not Shakespeare, all rolled up in one. Personally, I think one side of his brain gets in the way of the other side.

You know, the EMOTIONAL SIDE….

David has trouble with that side. He’s much too logical in his thinking to write fiction. Seems to me he would be better at writing a reference manual on how to repair a Whirlpool washing machine.

It’s truly amazing that I am here today speaking to you at all. You have no idea how big a step this is for our man David. It parallels with the moon walk, the fall of the Berlin Wall, the second coming of…well you get my drift. It’s a pretty big deal.

But, alas, I am a bit too hard on the old dog. He does have good traits. You only have to look at me look, to see that David is brutally honest. He truly cares for his family and adores his wife. He loves to sing, though not very well…actually really bad. Laughing, for him, makes the world a better place. Hard work and problem solving seem to be his motto, although one day hopefully, he will realize you cannot solve all the problems of the world. Oh here I go again with the negative vibes.

One last thought, positive or negative, he always, and I mean always, to a fault, thinks other people. Something from dear old Dad‘s gene pool. Some say he’s a people pleaser. I have no idea, in that I have never talked to the people David knows.

Given that he only “thought me up”, today.
© Copyright 2012 Dave (nelsonjedi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1886490-Myself-by-Myself