*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887194-From-the-Ground-Up-Course-Description
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1887194
FTGU Course Description
*Star*  *Star*  From the Ground Up  *Star*  *Star*

A beginner's poetry class designed for those with little to no poetry education or experience in writing poetry. 

So, you want to write poetry? You sit down to the keyboard and pour out your heart in words stacked in lines with a few dashes or a few . . . and a lot of !!! all full of emotion and you label it "POEM."  Not so fast. Your first poetic effort may actually turn out really well.  Miracles happen every day. *Smile*  More than likely, your poem will lack something.  Learning the basics is always a good idea as with any skill or craft.

Look at it this way:  When you want to grow a garden, the first thing you have to do is prepare the ground.  Weeds and grass have to be removed.  The soil needs to be dug up and compost and fertilizer added.  Then, it needs to be cultivated to make the soil nice and loose.  All this, and you haven't planted one seed.  Oh, and don't forget watering. Compare a poem to the vegetable you want to grow.  It will be the result of all your preparation.  You don't want it to be stunted and wimpy; you want it something you can be proud of producing.  You must take the time to prepare the ground.  That's what this course is all about.

"From the Ground Up" is a poetry class for beginners who do not have any educational background in writing poetry or much experience and want to get started.  By the end of the course, you won't be writing like Robert Frost or Emily Dickinson, but you will be familiar with some of the basic terminology and be able to produce a structurally good poem.

Course Size: 10 students
Two slot waiting list available for those who sign up after the course is filled. 

Sign up at

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1535164 by Not Available.


6 week course
Instructor: Turtle ~ KanyáthƐko:wa:h

© Copyright 2012 Turtle ~ KanyáthƐko:wa:h (marnts at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887194-From-the-Ground-Up-Course-Description