*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887808-surviving-the-splash
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1887808
journal type story, fallout ideals, and survival. please review
*audio recording*

“Well shit almost out of tape and time. I’m trying to get to the green zone I know the recordings wont last maybe some more solid medium will work, from here on out I will be keeping a journal of sorts. No not like a stupid tumblr girl, but a written account of my trip. Well 30 seconds left I’m off to find a note pad or something that isn’t burned to a crisp. Wish me luck if you find this tape I’m headed north back home to finally get some peace and a way out.”

*“end of recording”*



Date April 3, 2022

Location tbd

In all the things out here to find food, clean water, ammo, useable paper is the hardest to find it’s like some kind of sick joke. I actually found this in a school house well what looked like a school house. I’m guessing they used it as an evac center, doesn’t look like many people got “evacuated”. Poor bastards. It’s funny now that I think of it I barely got out of my own personal US military evacuation cluster fuck about 10 years ago. The story isn’t grand but if your reading this I’m dead anyway. They say dead men tell no lies so here goes. I was 17 at the time on a vacation to ____tbd___ when it all started. It started like any little war, a lot of yelling, threats, and orders to cease and desist. This time they didn’t stop they acted. No one knew who hit their big red button first but it was the one to start and end it all. The first hit New York, then Washington and down went the rest. Naturally we launched ours, Canada, USA, and the UK. The start of the end, the start of my world, my story. We never got hit directly but I saw the cloud on the horizon. it wasn’t long before the evac centers were set and I was in line freaking out. The thoughts were ones of this isn’t happening, this isn’t happening. but soon it became real, very real. bombers, fighter jets, and soldiers were scrambled the last anyone heard was the allies were attacking the middle east, china, Russia, anyone we didn’t like, all out world war madness. We were processed and ready to get on a plane to “green zones” when we got hit bomb of some sort mass death and panic set in. I ran far away I kept running til I couldn’t go much farther and I stayed there. The dust settled and to this day I don’t know my train of thought but the only thing I thought was “get a weapon then figure the rest out later”. I found a check point, it got hit pretty bad no one alive. it was a surreal moment turning those bodies over. I now know what grave robbers must feel, shame but I believed in the value of what I was taking. I took a back pack. MRE’s, water, an m4 rifle, an m9 pistol, and the accompanying ammo for each. Then I got out of there I found a house, broke in, filled up the tubs and sinks with water. Thank god the owners didn’t return that would have been a hard one to explain. The rest is pretty boring actually. I killed my first person about 6 years ago I had avoided confrontation with anyone until then. This is the time when the fallout set in the radiation that falls from the sky a deadly rain that killed anything in its wake. if this isn’t bad enough this is also the time raiders groups of that are what I call dickheads with guns emerged out of the nuclear playground that is my reality . They were wearing gas masks, and scavenged flack vests; I shadowed them from a distance till they got to a dead end. When they went to turn around to find a way around I popped out just like in the movies pop, pop, pop 3 clean headshots I couldn’t believe I did it the dropped like rocks and just like many times before I ransacked they corpses and took their masks but this time it was me who did them in. I’m not proud of it but that’s how you survive in this new world. I have done this act many times and killed too many people it never gets easier you just deal with it better. your humanity, your sense of right and wrong, and the self preservation instinct is blocked by thirst and hunger and a uncontrollable urge to keep moving, to rise about your own situation and kill anyone who blocks you from that goal. Up until this point I hadn’t had a long term goal but I heard a broadcast on a CB radio that said that there was hope there were these green zones. A true safe haven not one of those survivor towns, where everyone is strapped to the gills and if you make the wrong move you will be pumped so full of lead you will look like Swiss cheese. But this place the place the loop spoke of is a honest to god safe place.
Well that’s the history now the only thing left is to tell you the now. Now I’m a wanderer a back pack roamer a persons whose only goal is to find water and food. But now things are different now I have a cause, to get home, to get to the green zone. I will keep a written journal of my trip, well at least until I run out of paper.
© Copyright 2012 courier8 (neon200 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887808-surviving-the-splash