*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887984-At-some-Dark-Night-Moon-in-my-home
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Article · Writing · #1887984
Stop guessing and assuming further as that would dig out more confusion
Huh!

This was the exact expression on my face.

It took me some time to realize, that I was reading the expression of the photographer, as he had posted this line in FB, attached to a photo that seemed a rather dark image with a milky white spot - similar to a lens flare. That was it...nothing else was apparently conceivable in the image.



At some Dark Night... sure enough that the photographer had captured this shot sometime earlier and was probably going through the image gallery, cherishing the memories specially attached to this image. In this sense, William Wordsworth is proved right in saying poetry being a spontaneous overflow of thoughts and emotions, recollected in tranquillity. Therefore, my photographer friend is safe to this point that he was recollecting one dark night but could not exactly remember which one.



We've all heard of Uncle Milton's toy - Moon in My Room. Or have at the least, read the preview of Far Is the Moon of My Home, by Betsey Barnes. But Moon in My Home!



I remember an old Bollywood song, chaudavi ka chand which if literally translated would mean full moon.

And those cupid-struck, do use the word moon as a romantic expression to address their beloved - metaphorically though.  Of course, we cannot ignore the Moon of the English poets and the Honeymoon - the most desired stage through ages. But Moon in My Home!



If I assume that my photographer friend used this metaphorically for his beloved, I would have to admit that this is a good example of transferred epithet, quite breezy, huh! Yes, I would like to stop guessing and assuming further as that would dig out more confusion in my fictitiously curious questioning mind.
© Copyright 2012 thinkreate (vickrisk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887984-At-some-Dark-Night-Moon-in-my-home