*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887999-a-magic-red-rose
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1887999
Mr Brick and his beach chair and a red rose.
After a walk on the beach you return to your spot to find a red rose carefully placed in your beach chair.



Mr Brick looked at the red rose in his beach chair.  Now understand Mr. Brick was not a romantic and did not know anyone who would give him flowers let alone a red rose.

         The red rose Mr Brick thought about it for a moment and thought back about the past 10 years.  His first thoughts turned to several different women and where they were if they were even still alive after the great event.

Mr. Brick had been there on the edge of the flooded areas on the east coast when the seas rose and the world as he knew it went out the window.  Never had he give a red rose, and certainly not now even after the flood it would be years before things returned to something that resembled normal.

         Mr Brick thought about after the great event and those that appeared that were up to that point only legend.  Magic is seems was something to be feared and the creatures that were thought to never had existed started appearing on shattered streets and then there were the peoples.  Mr Brick looked around for any of the living legends.  The elves would certainly love this city park even with its dock and lake.  Mr Brick had walked around the small lake but had not noticed anything or anyone around his beach chair.  But then things could now be invisible to the human eye anyway.

         But the only people where a couple making mad love under a beach blanket and a old man fishing on the doc trying to not enjoy the show going on down the beach from Mr Bricks chair.  Mr Brick talked with the old man about his beach chair and weather he had seen any one.  The old man said there had been someone besides the couple under the large blue blanket he chuckled.  Mr Brick listened intently to the old man as he described a woman in fishnet stockings a short skirt and very lose blouse that had walked down the dock and walked all around the old man who was trying to watch his bobber as this was going on he said. 

         Mr Brick thought that was odd especially sense she was not trying to sell anything to the old man other than a good day and walking around him drawing his attention away from the beach and Mr Bricks chair.  A distraction or the appearance of one.  Mr Brick asked the old man if he felt any magic in the air or had felt anything.  Now the old man just snapped his fingers and a blue flame appeared.  Mr Brick grinned and said his thanks the old man was a wizard , and Mr Brick never had a lick of magic after the great change others like this old man were naturals.

         As Mr Brick was walking to his beach chair the couple finally finished there activities under the blanket and poked there heads out to enjoy the fresh air.  The looked like any other couple in there early thirties except the man had a charm around his neck and the lady had very pointed ears.  Mr Brick waved to them and started looking around his chair.  Other than the tracks he had made as he walked by to talk with the old man there were no tracks on the beach next to his chair as if someone had come along and brushed them away.

         Mr Brick turned to the resting couple and asked them if they would not mind helping him with a bit of magic.  The man just groaned and rolled over the lady who looked about twenty except for the eyes which said something older, said let me put something on and the man just laughed at her statement and stayed on his stomach.  The woman crawled from under the blanket and said something to the man, she was in a one piece summer dress.  MR Brick thanked her and explained his little rose problem.  The woman did not react at all to the red rose but instead waved her hand around the chair carefully not touching it.  Mr Brick noticed the old man had stopped fishing and came down the dock in slow rolling gate also watching the lady with the pointed ears as she came to a stop.

         Mr Brick noticed her frowning, the old man did not speak but he to was staring intently at the red rose.  The woman explained that even with the little magic she had that this was something that would need a true expert to deal with.  Mr Brick looked at the red rose and wondered why would anyone send him a magical red rose.  The old man muttered under his breath something and then joined them as they looked at the rose.  Mr Brick noticed they both were looking at him with questions in there eyes.

         Mr Brick explained that he after the great event had no manifest magic but he also did not know anyone who grew roses around here since that time.

The lady asked Mr Brick why did you not pick it up Mr Brick pointed out that even though they were almost next to his chair that there were no tracks other than the ladies and his a bit further away when he walked by to talk to the old man. The old man chuckled no tracks but a rose, your a luck man that rose would have, lets just say its going to be a real chore for someone to dispel that rose.

         Mr Brick thanked them and looked over the lake wondering who would send him a deadly magic rose.   

         
© Copyright 2012 saltzom88 (saltzom88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1887999-a-magic-red-rose