*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1888740-First-time-on-a-bicycle
by avatar
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1888740
This is a short story on how I learned to ride a bicycle when I was ten years old.
When I was six years old, I rode tricycle for the first time. I was staying at my aunt's house.That was a good experience. I remember I wanted to ride it all the time, but I could not because I had to share it with my siblings and cousins as well. I used to feel like this is the only thing I wanted to do in this world. Nothing else was important. When I used to wake up in the morning, riding that tricycle was on my mind. Actually I used to wake up earlier than usual in a hope to find it free. But someone else was always up before I was. I used to get late for meals while I was riding it, because I knew if I leave it now for a meal, then I will not get it again. I used to be the mild one among my siblings and cousins, I did not used to fight for it. I only waited for everyone to get engaged somewhere else so that I could get a chance to ride on it.



But when I was nine, my parents bought my older brother a bicycle. He used to ride it all the time. My parents did not allow me to ride it until I was ten. By then my interests had changed, I did not want it as badly as I wanted that tricycle when i was six. When I turned ten, I came home from school one day to see my brother riding it. He offered to teach me how to ride it. I was on the bicycle I was riding it but after a while I could not keep a balance and I fell. I was so terrified after this incident that I did not try it for many years after that.
© Copyright 2012 avatar (thehobbit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1888740-First-time-on-a-bicycle