*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1889842-The-Writers-Brain
Rated: E · Article · Comedy · #1889842
How is a writer's brain different than a normal person's.
Ever wonder what goes on in the mind of a writer? Their brain is different from the rest of mankind.
Where most people have two halves closely packed together with a long stem going down the back, the writer’s brain has a large open area in the middle between the two halves. This open area is a world unto itself. It’s a stage for the stories to unfold or a place for a world to be created out of the mist.
The long thing in the back of the brain that goes into the spinal cord on most people? Well, that has major tentacles going to the hand that holds the pen. This allows the writer to write what he sees on his stage without much interruption. 
There is another set of nerves that are different in the writer too. There is a thick bundle that goes from the eyes to this open area. These nerves twist within themselves, sometimes switching back and forth before finally making it to the eyes. This allows the images of the world we live in get warped, twisted and morph into something different and exciting, projecting the new image into the open area.
An example of this are clouds. The normal person sees clouds. They may feel anxious that the clouds are going to produce rain and ruin their day. The writer sees the clouds as creatures of Seussian quality. They may see whole battles going on or amazing structures of great impossible beauty.
The writer can be doing the normal things in life and suddenly stop, freeze, their eyes will glaze over and they have entered their own world. You will see their fingers twitch as they desire to write what they are seeing. If you were to do an EEG at that point the needles would be going everywhere.
That is a quick look into the anatomy of a writers brain. Do you see anything you can relate to in it?
© Copyright 2012 DBMacks (dbmacks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1889842-The-Writers-Brain