*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1890185-Reality-Scholar-Prologue
by Jack
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1890185
Introduction to the story I am writing.
PROLOGUE

         In the beginning, Alex's father, Talon, created a home for himself and his son. He started with a dead, rocky planet where he further created a large, cold castle made of black stone to live in with Alex. Over the years, Talon toyed with the idea of creating life in this barren cosmos, but life as he learned outside of time, was very unpredictable. However, despite the wild nature of life, Talon not only decided to create it, but he also proceeded with the idea of creating Paradise.
         Through this idea, he began his creation of the universe, and observed its expansion. Ranging from stars going supernova, creating nebulas and galaxies, and from there, suns and planets were formed. On some planets, he observed life forming right before his eyes, after aeons of careful planning. Creating life doesn't happen with the wave of a hand. It's a delicate process of cause and effect, that eventually leads to an end.
         He then needed to differentiate between reality and the illusion of reality. There must be rules in the cosmos he created. As he gave the inhabitants all conscious thought, there came dreams, imaginations, and build up of memories. He had to find a way to manage and control these that spawned from the minds of the ones he created, so he created different layers of the universe to hold, and store, these thoughts into a world of their own. In the layer of memories, there are worlds created from memories specific to each species of the universe. In the layer of imagination, there are worlds created from the imagination of each species of the universe. Then the same for Dreams.
         The reason he had to do this is because the mind was a powerful thing. Anything, can be created from the mind. Those with strong imaginations were able to create beasts of their myth, and structures that break the rules that Alex created. Dreams escape into reality as inhabitants sleep in their domains. Memories are the only conscious thought that reflects what the individual sees with the number of senses it has. However, when the species remembered something and will it to life, in conjunction with dreams and imaginations, it created much chaos.
         So Alex's father created layers in the universe to hold these conscious thoughts, and turn them into the subconscious for the minds of the living. Not only will they exist outside of reality, they will exist on the boundaries of the rules Talon made. And to hold all these together, he created eight foundations to keep them all in balance. And in the center of the layer of reality, he created a small planet out of all the dreams, memories, and imaginations of all the beings in the universe to oversee reality, and to make sure no dream, memory, or imagination escape into reality. The beings in this world will be able to travel to all layers of the universe, and police it.

         *                                                  *                                                            *

         Billions upon billions of years have past since Alex has watched his father's children turn their worlds of paradise into world's of sin. He was content with observing them for much of his lifetime, however as the years went by he grew in further distaste of what they had done to his father's vision. With the aim of creating perfection, Talon ended up creating imperfection. Sitting on his lonely throne on his dead planet between time and infinity, he smirks at the disaster he made. The end is coming soon. he thinks. It is time. Destruction is coming.
          Alex observed one of the more ruthless killers in the universe, and sent him a message if he was willing to help. Alex believes it would be best if he left out details on why, but if he must explain his reasons then he will. Finding the eight foundations of the universe his father had neglected to tell him would be the first step of hopefully ending this forsaken cosmos, and create the paradise his father envisioned.

*          *          *

         Jack stood closely at the large, black door of the castle, unsure of whether to knock or leave. Patiently waiting, he observed that his surroundings were nearly lifeless on this gray planet, save for this one lonely landmark before him. Jack was a tall individual, with his usual attire being suited for nightly slaughters. He was cold, yet charismatic and charming. Most of all smart. He knew that whatever the proposal was, it would probably be one of the most dangerous assignment he would be offered.
         The door opened, and he saw a man, who looked young of age, welcoming him inside the dark palace. He had light, blonde hair that hung loosely over his shoulders. His clothing of choice was a dark blue and purple linen coat with small, gold stitchings to make odd shapes and patters, and black dress pants.
         “Please, make yourself at home.” He motioned to large furniture beside a fire on the right side of the large room. Three chairs, and a couch, with a table in the center. “Would you like a drink?”

         “If you have red wine, that would be excellent.” Jack sat down at one of the large chairs by the left side of the fireplace, keeping his eye on the exit in case any “unexpected” guests were to arrive and kill him. The fire gave off intense heat in what felt like a typically cold place. The first floor was spacious, with a large staircase at the center of the first floor, in front of the entrance and leading up to the second floor, and at the other end from where Jack sat were multiple doors with walls lined with artwork and some ancient weapons. Jack relaxed a bit, but still kept alert, keeping his hand by his right waist where a silver bladed knife with a hilt made of black bone was holstered until needed. The knife was typically his favorite because it was sharper than any razor through many assignments he was given. He was a silent murderer, though messy at times, and it was all thanks to his lovely companion, just sitting by his side whenever she was needed.
         In time, his host returned with a saucer containing two wine glasses, and a bottle of red wine from the eastern sector of the galaxy. He placed the saucer on the table, and poured the wine into both glasses, then sat on the opposite end. For a moment, both enjoyed the liquid luxury.
         “Before we get to the assignment, I first have a few questions to ask you.” Said Jack.
         His host drank the last sip, then placed the glass down, cleaning his mouth with a small, white handkerchief. “Fair enough.” Although his face looked young to Jack, the sound of his voice was smooth and light. He seemed way too young to own a place this large, unless he had a very wealthy family.
         “Who are you? And Where is this place? I have never seen it in any maps, and it looks lifeless.”
         “I'm the only one present on this planet, and its easy to buy my products outside of my region. I find the seclusion to be quite refreshing.”
         “But you didn't answer my question. Where is this place? This planet? I have been all around the galaxy yet I have never seen this place before.”
         “Well for starters, you are no longer in your galaxy.”
         “Then where am I?!” Jack was getting impatient, and wanted a straight answer. His host poured more wine in his glass.
         “I summoned you here for a reason, Jack, because I think your the best of the best in completing assignments of high demand.”
         “Yes yes, I understand.” Jack wanted him to stop delaying. “Now please, start answering or I'll cut your throat from where you stand.” His host noticed the threat, and chuckled at the thought. Who is this guy? Thought Jack.
         “Very well. For starters, you want to know where you are correct?”
         “Yes.”
         “Well then.." The host clasped his hands. "where to begin.” So his host, Jack learning that his name was Alex in the process, told him that he now stands on the first planet ever created on the edge of time and infinity. Alex also told him how his father, Talon, first created the universe, and how he now plans to destroy it.
         “Why?” Asked Jack.
         “My father created this universe to be a perfect paradise. I stand before you billions of years old, watching the universe evolve along with it's inhabitants. It gradually turned from the paradise we both sought, into a cosmos of sin. With your help.... we can purge this universe of it's sin, and re-create the paradise both I and my father dreamed.”
         “Well, the universe, at least in my galaxy, is not too bad.” Said Jack as he cast his eyes downward. “Though I have killed many in my lifetime, I have spoken intellectually with others.”
         “There is just too much. The bad outweigh the good. The conflict between the two forces is chaotic, creating suffering and destruction. I seek to cleanse such evil, but I would need someone of your caliber of skills to help me in this cause.”
         “Well can't you just destroy it without so much as a thought?”
         “Like creation, destruction takes time. I need you to act as my vessel, and help me put an end to this.”
         Jack thought for a moment regarding the offer. Since he told me all of this, I assume if I refuse he will kill me....
        "Then I'll help, but only on one condition.” Said Jack.
         “What's that?”
         “Even though I have committed many sins in my lifetime, I wish to eventually start anew, in peace, without always looking over my shoulder. If I am to do this job for you, I want guaranteed access into your paradise.”
         Alex thought in turn at the request, but in the end, he extended out his hand, smiling as he did. “Deal.”
         Jack extended his own, and they both shook in agreement. However, whether or not Alex actually lets Jack into his new paradise remains to be seen.
© Copyright 2012 Jack (jacksaxe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1890185-Reality-Scholar-Prologue