*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1890389-new-work-and-a-safe-bed
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1890389
part 4, sorry for errors back to school no time to edit this. it will get better
Date April 6 2022
Location highway somewhere
Time 400 am
I’ve been having a dream lately, it’s a girl beautiful girl kinda redish hair, tanned skin, small skinny figure. But I’ve never seen her face. Its always the same thing walking around some city in winter, Christmas lights everywhere, were holding hands then she says something along the lines of look at that and right before she turns to me BANG! The fucking missile hit a building and all hell breaks loose we start running screaming I’m dragging her along by the hand and then nothing, that’s it I wake up in a cold sweat. I have no idea if it’s a dream or not. After the blast everything in my mind is choppy and broken days after I’ve forgotten completely. Is this someone I knew? Or am I just going crazy and shell shock is setting in. this dream used to be like a monthly thing now it’s almost daily. It’s too early to be wondering. The bag is still there so either I am hearing things or this person is smarter then I thought. Jesus I got to keep going I can’t go out like this a nervous wreak I’m not going back to be someone who is paranoid and afraid of getting hurt. I’m not going back….


Time 930
Well its shopping time I’m about to start the walk into some one horse high way town. The plan is move into the town from the tree line and stick to the alleys and shadows, and avoid any tall building with lots of windows. Hopefully there a k mart or something like a big store that isn’t all looted. I don’t expect to find any good stuff just some food and a bit of water that isn’t dirty and stagnant. The ideal is they all got out no one came back and everything is just the way as they left it. If it’s nice I may even stay there the night and poke around never know what you find in these towns. Could be a survivor town who are trying to get back to normal or maybe no one will be there or no one will be there and il find a red neck gun cash. Personally I’m hoping for the last one.


Time 100
Holy shit it’s a town, it’s a fucking town. They set up a little town, but I don’t know if it’s safe. Option one I got in hand held high and risk getting put so full of lead and looted, but the upside is it might be a safe haven and il be able to restock and see if I can hook up with some people. Or I bypass it all together risk running out of food cause the next town is a ways away but I’ll be safer and I’ll know what’s gonna off me…… I think I’ll go in. wish me luck.

Time 200

Wow ok this is interesting I just got welcomed in with open arms? Had to sign a log and everything I had looted a brink truck so I do have money so I got a room in this motel thing. Running water and everything, they got some crazy pump system set up so they can run it without power. I also heard some interesting stuff from some of the people here. One there’s many more set up like this with governments and everything and 2 there’s caravans that go from town to town with water, ammo, guns, and other stuff like that. I’m writing this now not from some hole in the ground but at a desk in a chair with four walls around me. It’s safe I think at least. There’s a store and everything after I finish this I’m going down there in a bit. One thing that amazes me is they still use old world money, course everything is much more expensive but I got a lot of money and there’s a trade set up too here. I was told to meet a man by the name of Lee Stewart and give him my maps he’ll point out where the towns are, the safe routes, and the caravan roads. They “greeter” even said there looking for people to go north, said it pays well too. Haha, man is preserved even after getting totalled. I suppose il find out tonight whether these “towns” truly safe. I think I may sleep with the safety off for now.


Time 830
I did my shopping; thank god old world money is still good. I bought some mask filters, some batteries and some generator time used that to charge some batteries, cell phone and ipod. Still no service though looks like when the emp went off it took almost everything with it. I also went and saw a man with a bit of a chip on his shoulder he had a job; a caravan going north to salvage but there’s something he’s not telling us. Never the less I took the job. I mean I got back up, company and employer supplied. I’m starting tomorrow. He even took my maps and highlighted the trade routes, caravan trails, towns and kill zones. I guess I owe him that much. The whole Idea is there’s 5 of us including me, I don’t know there names yet but I’m sure I learn real soon. The idea is we move north and go through the major cities looking for something called “Project Eden”. We don’t know what it is but he said it’s something that if given to the wrong people we would be quote “totally and utterly fucked up the ass”. From what he told us its like a back up generator for the entire country it. It restarts the power grids and runs a sort of status report on where the bad spots are and what needs to be done about em. This is beginning to sound like some stupid movie more and more, but I don’t doubt its existence. The one problem is DC is radiated, we heard correct it was hit with a nuke. Now he gave us a map to show us how to get in. it looks like there’s a metro system the runs into the city and right into the heart. I don’t know how he thinks that the radiation hasn’t seeped down there yet but ok I guess we got to give it a shot. For now im just going to rest it’s going to be a long day and an early rise tomorrow. I may have taken this job but I don’t care what happens I’m going to be home by the end of the month
© Copyright 2012 courier8 (neon200 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1890389-new-work-and-a-safe-bed