*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1890671-Away-from-Home
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #1890671
This is a short story about a young girl who is unhappy about moving to a new environment.
I stared at the dirt roads that flew by as my father drove our old car headed for Georgia. He and my mom had left their city jobs for a farm in the country and I was not happy. They took me from my school, my friends, and most of all, the boy I loved forever, Billy Madison. Dad had the bright idea of buying a farm in the south and mom went right along with him. I could taste the dirt in the foul smelling air and it made me sick. As we got closer to the house, I could hear the sound of tractors, the mooing of cows, the clucking of chickens, and the barking of dogs. My family came from the big City of Chicago and I knew I would never get used to the sights and sounds of the south. We turned into the yard of a small house surrounded by big oak trees. My father yelled that we were here and to my surprise, a few of my friends came running out of the house to greet me. You see, it was my birthday and my parents arranged for my closest friends to come down and surprise me with a party. To top it all off, one of my friends was moving right down the road and you'll never guess who it was. That's right, Billy Madison. I guess country living won't be that bad after all.

© Copyright 2012 Jonnigirl (jonnigrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1890671-Away-from-Home