*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1891323-Nihility-Chapter-1---Day-458
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Chris
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Sci-fi · #1891323
A battle against isolation and an unseen enemy.
Chapter 1 – Day 458



Charging, five - four - three – two - one, CHARGED.



John’s body convulsed violently on the operating table as the Medibay avatar discharged the defibrillator against his chest. Sharp spikes appeared on the heart monitors readout before returning to a flat line. The medibay scanner reporting the extent of John’s injures massive internal trauma and severe blood loss.



Charging, five - four - three – two - one, CHARGED.



The medibay avatar discharged another bolt of electricity through John’s lifeless body, shocking it back to life. A faint beep echoed by the small spikes moving across the heart monitors readout.

The tall multi-limbed medibay avatar deploying surgical instruments and transfusing attachments then set about repairing the gaping wound in his stomach and replacing the lost blood. The avatar expertly micro-suturing the tears in the internal organs, muscles and veins. While simultaneously the transfusing arm was replacing the lost blood with synth-blood.

For six hours the avatar continued to repair the damage to battered and ruined body of Captain John White.  A layer of synthskin completing the procedure in a couple of days it would be impossible to tell there was ever an injury.

His still unconscious body was secured to the medibay table, the avatar extending a single digit towards John’s neck and administering a sedative.



*




Silently the monstrous bulk the 2km long Earth Central Command ship Charybdis continued its journey in to the darkness. The twin ion drives burned brightly pushing the mantis like ship deeper in to the expanding and starless abyss. 

Deep within the bowels of the Charybdis, John slowly regained consciousness. His eye’s taking time to adjust to the bright lights of the pristine medical bay.



“No I am alive, just let me die” John sobbed wildly almost hysterical.



© Copyright 2012 Chris (chrishardisty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1891323-Nihility-Chapter-1---Day-458