*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892641-Life
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1892641
Basically a summary of life and what it entails. More serious than my other stuff.
         Everyone dies. The most simple fact of life is that it ends. If people lasted forever, life wouldn't be special anymore. The only constants are God and death. Stone crumbles, words fade, stories are forgotten, and people die. But for now, in this moment, today, we can remember. We can carve the stone, write the words, tell the stories . . . but most importantly, we can live. Just because it doesn't last forever doesn't mean it is pointless. If it brings happiness or joy to one person for one instant, it was important. One person can influence another, who in turn influences others, who influence society, the world, all of humanity. Everyone was born for a reason.
         In Ecclesiastes chapter 3 it says: “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance” Sometimes we need to laugh and dance, and sometimes we need to weep and mourn. There is a time for everything.
         Also in Ecclesiastes, chapter 8, it says: “So I commend enjoyment, for there is nothing better for people under the sun than to eat, and drink, and enjoy themselves, for this will go with them in their toil through the days of life that God gives them under the sun.” The Book of Ecclesiastes makes a very good point of this. We must enjoy life when we can, but there are times that call for sadness and mourning. Because anything that is worth something adds to you, and who you are, and when it is taken away it hurts, because it has become a part of you. But there is still a mark there, and it still affects you. The memory will not last forever, the person will not, you will not . . . but for now it will be there. For now it will make a difference, however small. Because sometimes the smallest thing can change a life forever.
         And even though humanity will forget, and the world will wipe away the traces, God will never forget. We are his children, and he is our Father, and a father never forgets his children.
© Copyright 2012 Lillia Jane Marshes (missmarshes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892641-Life