*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1893246-The-Noponies-pt-I-Stickyhooves-Rising
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fanfiction · #1893246
The story of a young pony from Hoofenstein who gets to visit the rest of the pony world
                                          Chapter I: Stickyhooves Rising

Ahhh, my Fatherland, Hoofenstein.

I was born an above-average sized dark grey unicorn with a blond mane and blue eyes in a small village in the Reinland region of Hoofenstein, to my lovely mother, an average sized brown unicorn mare with a long, blond mane named Beatrix Stickyhooves and my father, a strong, tall grey earth pony stallion with a brown mane by the name of Luther Hidemann. Since we lived in a small village, my mother home-schooled me when I was a young colt, and taught me what I needed to know for the simple village life. My father was a tanner, and let me help him out in the shop, which prepared me for my future life that was to come, working in the family business. 

When I grew into a young stallion, it became my time to start up my own branch of the family business, as was our custom. So, I decided to become a glue maker, because life was much different in Hoofenstein than it is here in Ponyville. Glue was in high demand for loads of different products, and there was never enough supply because so few ponies were willing to do the job of making it.... I never could figure out why. After my Glue business took off, my family and I could afford to move to the big city, Brandinburg, and boy, let me tell you, the ponies in the big city were so different from us.

We had a hard time fitting in at first. The city ponys were much bigger, nearly as big as I am! And much less friendly, I could never understand why they shunned the Pegusi like they did.....at least, at first I couldn’t.  There were signs at most places saying that Pegusi were not allowed, though it only made me happy, since I’m not one of them. We opened up our new shop in the middle of town, near the market area so that we would have plenty of customers, especially with only one other competitor in our field.  While setting up my shop, I didn’t see why Pegusi were bad, so I never put up a "No Pegusi" sign, which I thought would increase business, and it did at first.

But only a few weeks after I opened up my business, some strange ponies from a new party were elected, and they called themselves the "Maremacht".  After they were elected, I noticed that the guard ponies looked alot more intimidating and they started dressing like old roman ponies, complete with those silly hats.
Soon after, my shop started losing all of its business, until one of the guard ponies gave me a "No Pegusi" sign to put up under order from the commerce committee and when I did, my customers came back, and I was so happy!

I didn’t really like the Maremacht at first, until one day when the leader graced my store with his presence.....a rather short white earth pony with a black mane, wearing shutter shades with our country’s flag as his cutie mark. He said: "Is this the store of a pony by the name of "Stickyhooves"?"  And I nodded nervously, a little scared because I had such a powerful pony in front of me "Y-yes sir, I am he".  "Congratulations, sir.  I have selected yours to be the store that will be the sole provider of glue to our new glorious government. That is, if you will agree to follow our strict guidelines....you will be rewarded greatly if you do" He said with a grin, placing a contract in front of me on my desk, which I looked at with shock as I read it..... "Y....you’ll give me 500,000 Bits and ownership of the surrounding 300 acres to build?!" I asked him in astonishment, because it said it right there, in black and white. He nodded slowly "Yes, all you must do is continue to be a loyal citizen, alert me of any....undesirables around here, and meet our quota".

After thinking it over, I thought it would be foolish of me to say no, so I happily signed the contract, and the next day, his right hoof pony came back and gave me a wagon with the 500,000 bits, and the deed to the land, which made me the happiest unicorn in all of Hoofenstein!  I told my family right away, but they seemed to be mad at me for making a deal with the Maremacht, and becoming a loyal follower....
Many months later, I had spent half of my fortune on building my massive glue-making factory, and every Sunday, I would get a huge shipment of Pegusi to make the glue from, free of charge from the government! I couldn’t believe how amazing my life was!  On top of that, all my workers were paid by the government as well as long as we obeyed them and did what they asked, which made me filthy rich in no time at all. 

Unfortunately, then came a sad point in my life, when I got a visit from my cousin, a short green earth pony stallion named Charles. "Long time no see, Charles!" I said as I gave my cousin a big hug, but he looked worried, so I asked him what was wrong.  "W...well.. Hanz, I have bad news... I heard that Ma and Pa are secretly housing Pegusi to keep them from the government...and I checked....it’s true." I looked at him, shocked and it made me very sad to hear....part of the contract was that I had to tell High Command about things like this....even if it is a relative...  but I had to keep my job and my fortune, and the Maremacht had been very nice to me, so I kept my promise to them. "T...that’s bad news, Charles.... but go tell mom and dad that as long as they stay in their home, I will keep them safe, ok?" He nodded and left to go tell them, but I had my pet eagle deliver a letter to our wise and kind leader about them, and he had his secret police go and check the village, and lo and behold, they truly were housing pegusi against the law.....and it turns out that so was the rest of my family.....so not only had I condemned my mother and father, but I accidentally had sentenced my entire family to the same fate as the Pegusi.

I...I will admit that it was one of the low points in my life, when I was waiting for the next shipment of Pegusi, and amongst the mass of ponies, I could make out my mother, Beatrix, my father, Luther, and even my cousin Charles.... the thought that it was I who killed them make me have a bit of a mental breakdown, so I wrote to High Command asking for a temporary overseer that day, and I left to go home, not returning for over a week.....

The High Leader rewarded me greatly though for my loyalty, he gave me an honorary membership as the highest rank in his Secret Police, and he put my only competitor out of business for me.  Life was grand from then on out....though....I will admit that I was very lonely.  I had no family anymore, and because of my close ties to both the Maremacht, and Secret Police, I didn’t have any friends or lovers either....which I fear may have driven me a bit insane. The deaths of all the Pegusi no longer fazed me, nor did I seem to care about them anymore. My life was with the Maremacht now.

Though....things did reach a turning point a few years later.... when the shipments of Pegusi stopped coming, so I sent another letter to our leader, who replied back with this: "Dear our most honored and loyal Unicorn Stickyhooves: We are excited to inform you that our goal has been reached, and your services are no longer required. Thanks to your help, we no longer have any Pegusi remaining in all of Hoofenstein! You are cordially invited to our grand ball here at the Reichstag tomorrow night, where you will be rewarded greatly for your work, and given a new task."

I was worried yet excited very much by his reply. My life had been spent working on my Glue business, and it would have to be shut down now, but I had amassed such a great fortune that I did not care. I put on my best suit and went to the ball the next day, where I was greeted by Herr Adolf himself!  I was so excited that I almost fainted, but he walked me over to his private table, where I got to watch all the happy Unicorns and ponies dance on the ballroom floor, and I finally got to talk face to face with the pony who had become like a brother to me over the years.
Nearing the end of the ball, Herr Adolf and I walked over to the balcony and looked down at the ponies as he made his announcement: "Dear my beloved stallions and mares, I am happy to inform you that there are no Pegusi within our countries borders, nor will there ever be again! No longer must we live under their winged tyranny. Thanks to the help of each and every one of you, they have been put in their place!" The crowd cheered and clapped their hooves together "And I would like to award my brother Hanz here with the honorary title of Deputy Herr for his most valiant work and co-operation with me, I have never come across a pony so loyal!" My eyes opened wide in excitement and I couldn’t help but jump up and down a little with a big smile on my face, I was second in command of the best country in the world! "And on a final note, his first mission will be to go to Equestria as our ambassador! Now that our borders are secure, we must start looking beyond them, to help liberate all the world from the tyranny of the Pegusi!"

The crowd cheered and That was the last thing I could remember before I fainted from all the excitement, Herr Adolf carrying me to his private chambers after the ball was over so I could rest in peace.

When I awoke, I got started on the task of selling my factory. Unfortunately, there weren’t many ponies that were able to pay that much, so I talked my new brother into buying it, since he owns everything anyways.  I then went home and packed up my bags with all the clothes that I needed, and brought a big suitcase full of 300,000 ReichsBits, the new currency of Hoofenstein, which I used my magic to shrink it down to a size that I could carry, leaving the rest of my fortune in the bank and putting my pet eagle in a cage to take with me.  I then went back to the Reichstag and said my goodbyes to Herr Adolf, who never seemed to take those shutter shades off "Well brother, I suppose it’s time for me to be leaving on my first mission now.... I’ll write back to you occasionally though, to let you know how I’m doing, and if I need anything."
I did my best to keep a smile, the thought of leaving my Fatherland making me sad "Fair well, my brother, and remember: You represent all of Hoofenstein, so be on your best behavior! ...Not like that girl Celestia could do anything either way, you have diplomatic immunity, and she is weak."  So I gave him a goodbye hug, and went on my way, going down to the train station and getting on the train headed straight for Ponyville: a 3 day train ride, if I remember.......



© Copyright 2012 Traumkampfer (traumkampfer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1893246-The-Noponies-pt-I-Stickyhooves-Rising