*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1893729-How-Zanzee-got-its-new-bridge
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by whrads
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1893729
___How Zanzee got its new bridge___


___How Zanzee got its new bridge___


For all the time anyone could remember the Zanzee River had crocodiles, lots and lots of crocodiles, it does not matter if you went north or south, up or down, Zanzee river had crocodiles. You could always cross the river further up north, where there were many trees. You needed a few reliable friends to make you a rope with the foliage and leaves, tie it to your waist and swing you to the other side of the river. Then someone had the clever idea of making a bridge with the plants and leaves, so that only one time you needed to be brave and swing over the Crocodile River with your waist tied to them. The foliage bridge would allow, Woman and children use it too, then could animals also use the foliage bridge and cross the river too.


But down, nearer to the sea there were no tall trees, and the villagers could not build a bridge, all around the river there was a carpet of clear mud and sand, only with occasional herd of crocodiles showing up.



Then one day, a giant dog appeared, no one had seen a dog so big. An old man said “It is big as five tents put next to one another”, another said “It is as tall as two giant trees on top of each other.” But the dog moved very slowly and was very calm, “He only moves as fast as a pigeon” said the little child.


The villagers thought they ought to be scared first, but the dog was very friendly and had very calm eyes. The villagers knew it was a good dog and only good would come from him.


The Dog went to the river and in no time had crossed it, then he came back to the side of the village as if planning something. Gently he put his feet on one side and, and his paws on the other, then put down his chin and relaxed, then the dog froze in its muddy sandy colour forever.
© Copyright 2012 whrads (whrads at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1893729-How-Zanzee-got-its-new-bridge