*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1893793-Music---The-Meaning-Of-Life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Music · #1893793
A world without music would lose the little magic that life has.
Darkness. The dim light of a table lamp shines its immortal golden light.
The sound of a piano goes through my ears.
Scores made of feelings which create a melody that speaks of love and hate.
Between pieces I can hear the silence: deep, eternal, obscure, velvety.

In front of me, the same screen illuminates my face every night.
I watch the clock and see time go by.
My eyes get tired, red, weaken.
For some reason I cannot dream.

Then that song sounds.
That song that allows me to fantasize, hope, imagine, idealize, yearn, crave, covet, desire.
Suddenly I do not feel the pain in my eyes, I do not feel tired.
Four musical notes together mean the beginning and the end of life, the difference between joy and sorrow, day and night, dream and vigil, life and death.

I do not believe in higher powers, or anything I cannot explain.
But I believe that music is what can be linked the most to a paradise, a god, an afterlife.
A world without music would lose the little magic that life has.
© Copyright 2012 aninyosaloh (aninyosaloh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1893793-Music---The-Meaning-Of-Life