*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894007-Blankets
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1894007
Winter in Republic City, through the eyes of Amon's Lieutenant.
Winter in Republic City was cold. Not as cold as the North Pole, but to Lieu, it sure as hell felt that way. He always came home from his missions with freezing fingers and rosy cheeks.

Not that home was warmer. His apartment was drafty, and miserably cold. It didn’t help that Amon liked to keep the windows open.

“Spirits, Amon!” He growled angrily, shutting the window for what felt like the hundredth time that day. “I told you to shut the windows!”

“I like them open, though..” The masked man said, obviously distracted by the blue prints Hiroshi had sent them. “Keeps me cool.”

“Yeah, well my toes are frozen! So keep them shut”

Amon waved his hand lazily in reply, which ticked Lieu off even more. The older man stormed out of their apartment and went on a walk in the crisp evening air.

There was one thing Lieu liked about winter, though. It was how everything was quiet. It made listening to music at home , and it even made cold walks like this nice. The city was quiet, so quiet, that he swore he could hear the snow falling.

He didn’t know how long he was out, but it was long enough, because Amon had already gone to bed by the time he got home. He slowly made his way to their shared room, taking his coat and scarf off on the way and hanging them up. When he walked into their room, he saw Amon reading in their bed.
” I thought you had already gone to sleep.” The Lieutenant said, a little harsher than he had intended.

“I was worried about you..” his leader replied softly, “I’m sorry about the windows. I’ll be sure to shut them from now on..”

“Thank you.” was the only reply as he stripped down to his underwear and climbed into their warm bed.

He was out like a light moments later.

There was one thing worse than being cold during a mission. That one thing was being cold in bed.

Lieu sat up and looked at his sleeping leader, mask still on, though he was snoring. The older man didn’t mind the snoring, no, it was the fact that Amon had all the blankets. Again.

Lieu tugged roughly at the blankets and Amon jolted awake at the sudden loss of warmth and rough tug.

“The hell, Lieu?!” The masked face snapped at him.

“I’m cold, and you’re stealing all the blankets!”

It was quiet as the information sunk in, then Amon was laughing.

“You sound ridiculous.” He said, before wrapping his arms around his lieutenant’s waist and pressing in close, “Relax, and we’ll share the blankets like this, okay?”

“Hmph…” Lieu pulled the blankets over them, and snuggled into Amon’s warmth.

This part of winter wasn't so bad, either.
© Copyright 2012 Metalkicker (metalkicker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894007-Blankets