*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894030-Leap
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Drama · #1894030
Girl taking a risk
Part 1

I’ve been here before at the edge. Too young to understand what a broken heart really means. I’ve leapt before only to meet the bottom’s edge. Standing here taking a deep breath and trying not to think of the consequence if I really leapt. Because I want to be with you but I’m not sure how to reveal that I’ve fallen for you and I want to make sure this is real. I’m afraid to give you this fragile heart. Afraid once you get what you want, you’ll disappear. So I’ve been keeping my feelings close to my chest; too cautious to be free. So I’ll leap and hope you’ll be there. But if this is too much, tell me. I need your honesty; people are always lying to me and not being what they seem. But when I see you, you make me want to leap, to take the chance and be free. Just the thought of you makes me smile and I haven’t felt like this in a while. It makes me forget my heart is fragile. So I’ll leap…




Part 2

So I leapt and like the rest of the boys you weren’t there. That’s okay I am strong enough to get to my feet. To stand up and say although it took a long time to find me I will not allow a broken heart to define me. You weren’t able to stay to handle this because you are so weak. I leapt when life reminds me that I could be like you afraid to make a different choice; not standing up, not letting the world hear my voice. Can’t fix what hasn’t been broken. You didn’t appreciate that I was a woman who knew what she wanted. Consequently I leapt and took a chance on a boy pretending to be a man. A false premise with smokescreen plans. Had to use someone else’s life to make yourself look better because your personality was bullshit and your mentality is childish. One day you’ll leap finding yourself in this situation with a woman you believed was different, presents you with an illusion that you trusted thought would be the one that could satisfy the unquenchable only to find she is a wolf veiled in wool. You’ll leap because loneliness is a rigid companion that never rests and won’t let you forget that you are alone. Lies won’t keep you warm and turn your house into a home. I’m not angry this is all you’ve ever known but instead of doing right you chose to do wrong. So I got to my feet and before I acknowledged it I had moved on. The tears that were meant to fall were already gone. I leapt and that is the end of this sad love poem.

© Copyright 2012 Penthis (lrjames19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894030-Leap