*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894910-Sacrifice-SpeechJesus-Christ-The-WORD
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #1894910
Short essay on speaking and Jesus Christ being the WORD of God.
Gen. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
John 8:58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Everything in existance, and even existance itself, was made by and is held together by Jesus Christ.
--Romans 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things. To whom be glory for ever. Amen--

Everything that he created, for his Glory, was created by being spoken into existance. The Lord Jesus speaks, and constellations are brought into existance. By the Word of his mouth stars die and are brought into life. Being made in his image, we also speak to create. We have thoughts, ideas, theories that are concieved in our hearts and are set in stone when spoken. For example, say there's are a group of people talking about something being missing and saying that you stole it when you didn't. Well, even though you didn't steal it, it still needs to be SAID that you didn't. You still have to create the reality of the truth of you not stealing it.

Now the Lord also says in
--Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.--

Our thoughts, intentions, and motives, whether they be evil or good, are expressed through our speech. From debates to small talk, we bare our soul (to some extent) when we speak. James 3 continues in expressing how important speech is
.
--James 3:2-6 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.--

We either set paths for life or destruction with the words we speak. It's important to pursue being able to get used to speaking life in faith.

--Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.--

When we look at any aspect of our lives that we want or need improvement we must compare our goal to the Lord Jesus' example. In this case were talking about speech. So what would the goal be? To speak life of course! But how do we do that? We have to look to Jesus to do that. Jesus Christ is the source of ALL life. So the only way then to speak life, would be to speak HIS Word, in HIS name because only He is the giver of life. The only way to speak life is to speak Truth (Jesus Christ). ALL truth is of him. Whether it be saying the sky is blue, or explaining complicated math theories, if its truth its from Him, and if it's from Him, it'll bring life in one way or another. For the Word of God never comes back void.

--Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.--

Jesus Christ sacrificed his life, for our life. This goes for every level of it all. He set the example for physical, emotional, and spiritual sacrifice. So if we are to speak Life in His name, it has to be done in a sacrificial way. For Truth is objective, not subjective. It's important to speak Truth, even (especially!) if it's at your own expense and to get used to it. The more selfless speech is practiced, the easier it is to tune into others needs and speak the life that their needing, or to speak the life that your situation calls for.

---
Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

© Copyright 2012 Antihero (antihero at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894910-Sacrifice-SpeechJesus-Christ-The-WORD