*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895122-Lesson-Two---Writing-Assignment
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1895122
Lesson Two - Writing Assignment
I have four things that I really enjoy the most, and they are reading, writing, gardening, and cooking. Let's see, I'll start writing about my love of cooking first. My family is important, so my main prerogative is to cook nourishing foods. To do that, I grow my own vegetables, so my recipes come out tasty and full of vitamins.

I check out the internet for many different desserts, side dishes, and main dish recipes. Looking for something new to create, I can keep things interesting for me as well as my family. I love Rachael Ray's practical approach to cooking or Martha Stewart’s fancier recipes or Emeril Lagasse favoring those herbs and spices. With these pro's ideas, I'm able to bring to the table a delicious meal that is pleasing to the pallet.

When I'm cooking my favorite dishes, my family remarks on how wonderful the kitchen smells. My herb garden is close by for easy reach where I grow as many herbs as I can. In the wintertime. I grow herbs inside but not as many. I need my chives, basil, sage, thyme, and winter savory that are trouble free to grow. If I need any others, I just use the dried herbs.

Being that we are a large producer of tomatoes, we sell at the farmer’s market for added income. I also love cooking with these beauties. Tomatoes are so versatile that anything goes with them. Putting them in a dish really intensifies the flavor, and they're so compatible with other vegetables.

I love the simple dishes in my everyday cooking. The more involved dishes I save when I want compliments during the holidays.

“Wow, this looks too good to eat!”

Now, this is what I call music to my ears. If you are the cook in the family, you know what I mean. All your hard work is worth it when you hear your family and friend's compliments.
© Copyright 2012 Jeannie Cheering for Martel (sjs55049 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895122-Lesson-Two---Writing-Assignment