*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895374-Terror
by Telboy
Rated: E · Script/Play · Dark · #1895374
You just never know what happens when you go out....
TERROR - This story is to be shot in split screen, from the two POV's


Int: Early Morning: Bedroom:

A slow sweep reveals corners, shapes and a human silhouette in the darkened space, the dawn light tainting the thin curtains. A bright red LED display noted it was 5.59am.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bedroom:

6.00am – before the alarm can act, it had already been de-activated some time ago. In the gloom we can see a person perched on the edge of a bed.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bedroom:

The silhouette rises, a click is heard, and the far corner of the room is flooded with 40 watts of dirty light. Upon perusal, the room is immaculate; the bedspread – cut – assorted shoes – rowed. A twenty something male is sat upon the edge of the bed, hands clasped.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bathroom:

The low wattage of the bathroom light creates subtle shadows. The man stands transfixed in front of a green ceramic sink, a mirror is sited above.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bedroom:

The man - fully clothed – lays himself out, sneaker-covered feet protruding from the edge of the bed. His hands clasped behind his neck, awake.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bedroom:

A slow sweep reveals corners and shapes in the darkened space. A bright green LED display noted it was 5.59am.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bedroom:

6.00am – The radio alarm clock crashes into life, the sounds of the most popular breakfast show entice their audience to arise and face another day in the big city.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bedroom:

From silken sheets, out- stretched arms reach high, pulling taut the nights rest. After moments, a slender hand switches on a bedside lamp. A twenty something female shields her face from the invasion. Her Rolex watch shimmers.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bathroom:

A string-pull is plucked, gleaming tiles come to life. We watch as the female, lethargic with sleep, lifts her nightclothes and proceeds to habitually urinate. Her pink toes, tipped - from the coldness of the grey quarry tiles.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bathroom:

After brushing, flossing and gargling, a shower is activated, within moments steam can be seen.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bedroom:

A phone is replaced upon its cradle. From a Formica wardrobe a large black sports holdall hangs. The man peers, and then slightly divides the thin curtains. The blue of dawn can be seen over opposite rooftops.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Hotel Hallway:

A young man, donned in hotel attire, carries a platter, the aroma of fresh warm croissants in the air. The waiter stops at a door - knocks – acknowledges - then leaves the platter at the foot of the door, and exits.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Hotel Hallway:

The same hallway as before, all is quite. The subtle sound of a door opening breaks the silence. A used platter is consciously pushed from the opening. On closer inspection, five twenty-pound notes have been placed under the tea-cup plate.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bedroom:

7:27am – the man pulls his sleeve back over his watch. The black sports holdall now on the bed, its contents placed neatly in order – four sticks of dynamite, a roll of white pvc tape, a switching device, a length of detonation cord and a single adult ticket to the London Eye.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Kitchen:

Peering into a large fridge, the woman selects several ingredients and exits. With a click the same breakfast show as before informs us it is 6.37am in the capitol, then zesty music.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Kitchen/Living Room:

The last piece of toast is consumed. The half glass of orange delivering. Dumping the used tableware in the dishwasher, the woman continues through to the living room. After reaching into her handbag we can see from a small compact the final touches being made.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Kitchen/Living Room:

The radio is turned off. The woman remotely sparks a television into life. A strangely fresh newscaster informs of the latest disaster. After flicking - MTV is chosen. Playing – Biggie Smalls ‘Missing You’. The woman gathers life toys - keys, phone etc. and centralizes them.

Fade To Black:

Int: Early Morning: Kitchen:

As sounds of The Staples Singers ‘Oooh Child’ plays courtesy of MTV in the living room, the woman smiles as she sets up a laptop computer on the teak breakfast bar. She sings along to the track. With a click HP begins to Invent.




Fade To Black.


Int: Early Morning: Bathroom:

The toilet is flushed one last time. A splash of water, then wringing his face the man looks into the mirror. Taking two steps back he captures glimpses of his belt fastened overcoat. It’s ok.



Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Bedroom:

With a click of the lamp switch, a shaft of morning light divides the room. A string pull sends the bathroom into darkness. A final circular sweep of the room notes all is in order. The door is opened, the man exits. We are left in the room.


Fade To Black.


C/U LONDON EYE – SLOW ZOOM OUT REVEALING THE VISTA OF SOUTH EAST LONDON


Fade To Black.


Int: Early Morning: Kitchen:

The next video sang into space – Biggie Smalls ‘Juicy’ - in the kitchen, a mouse cursor is guided to the Outlook Express icon – connection made – the task manager informs that there are twenty six unread emails. A busy day ahead. The laptop cover is closed shut, the connections cut.

Fade To Black.

Int: Early Morning: Living Room:

The television is silenced remotely. Each of the life toys are mentally checked as they enter a Gucci handbag – mobile phone, mints, lipstick, compact, London Eye identification card and two tampax. Looking round, all was ok. We follow as the woman exits the front door. We are left in the hallway.

Fade To Black.



Thanks for reading..
© Copyright 2012 Telboy (telpecks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895374-Terror