*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895500-I-Love-my-Dads
Rated: E · Other · LGBTQ+ · #1895500
Why I love my parents and why I can never thank them enough.
I love my parents.
Maybe its unusual for a teenage girl, but I can honestly say that I love my parents. I love that they are understanding, compassionate and loving. They have always been there, they took me in when I had nowhere to go. I remember my first day of pre-school, when I found out that they weren’t like all the other parents- everyone told me that they were wrong, sick and needed fixing. Even then I disagreed, though their words hurt. My parents are hilarious and intelligent, I could spend hours just talking to them about nothing at all. Endless games of 30 Seconds and watching the Inbetweeners on television only strengthened our bond. My parents are liberal, yet have boundaries, I know that I can speak my mind freely when I’m around them, I don’t feel restricted or judged. They always listen with open ears and give me their advice, which has helped me so many times before. Yet, there are rules; I have no problem following them. I want to make them as proud as they make me.
Sometimes they get strange looks when we go out together, or have insults shouted at them. My parents ignore it- I can’t imagine the strength it takes to stand up and say ‘Call me what you like, I am what I am.’ Their strength and compassion inspires me, it gives me a reason to keep on going, ‘if they can do it, I can too.’
They deserve to be treated fairly, equally and have the same rights as any other parents, but they don’t. They are still discriminated against, even though they’re the ones who took me in when no one else would, even though they are amazing parents and people, even though THEY ARE HUMAN. I have two dads, same sex parents. But I don’t see any of that- I only see two loving parents who have truly changed my life forever, for the better. Without them I wouldn’t be the person I am today, and I like the person I am today.
Thank you dads, for everything you have given me. I only hope that the world will see just how amazing you are. You deserve it.

I LOVE MY DADS
© Copyright 2012 Harlequin (leeharlequin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895500-I-Love-my-Dads