*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895631-The-Eagle
Rated: E · Poetry · Philosophy · #1895631
The Forest and the Eagle intertwine and leave.
The idyllic woods are inhabited by none. Creatures live there, to be certain, but they live shallow lives; they lack purpose, they live without drive. The fat Cat, majestic Deer and somber Mouse are but sheep grazing on the promise of obduracy until they become part of the forest they love so dearly. For though the forest contains all the comforts an animal would ever want, some seek to rise above the tree line. Observe the mighty Eagle as he spreads his wings; with a thunderous clap he races out of the forest, his return uncertain. Although the sound of obduracy is pleasing to the Eagle, he strives to attain the greater rewards in his life; the sweet fish from the ocean and the tender prairie dog in the plains. The Eagle is certainly aware that in order to attain the greater rewards in life he must risk life and spirit itself to do so. He must battle the fierce winds, who would not hesitate to relieve the Eagle of his wings and life, if for a even a moment the Eagle were to submit to its bellowing; he must be wary of the treacherous Hawk who would steal the sustenance the Eagle has earned and stab him in the back, were it to suit the Hawk. Though the perils are many the Eagle is unrestrained in his endeavors, for although his voyages are dangerous, none in the forest stop him, for it is foolish to attempt to contain and bridle a wild spirit. Some animals, like the fat Cat, criticize the Eagle, calling him the fool to seek out these dangerous "rewards" when there is more than enough to sustain him in the safe tranquil forest. Indeed, were the fat Cat to have his way, he would clip the Eagle's feather, forcing him to remain in the forest for the rest of his day; but I would not help that cat destroy the adventurous spirit, for it is better to transgress the idyllic woods than to be trapped by them.
© Copyright 2012 Drake Mills (furtherinmind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895631-The-Eagle