*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1896595-Writing-Resources
Rated: E · Assignment · Educational · #1896595
This is lesson two noveling exercise for my novel class at NHA.
These are the books I would like to add to my personal writing library.

1. Chapter After Chapter
2. Writing With Style

I went to the library and was only able to find Writing With Style.I would really recommend this book for anyone who has trouble with punctuation. In fact, this was the only writing reference book that the library had.

I was able to go to two stores that sell used books. They aren't actually used book stores, but I like to go to them because these thrift stores are operating for a good cause.

The first store I went to was The Salvation Army thrift store. I found one interesting book called Legends of Literature. This book has articles by well-known writers such as Stephen King (his essay was my favorite), Orson Scott Card, Ray Bradbury, HG Wells, and ect.

The second store I went to was The Palmer Home thrift store (all of the proceeds go the the Palmer Home orphanage). I found a book that may not completely count, but it gave me some great inspiration for some animals to write about in my novel. It's Fantastic Beast & Where To Find Them. It's a book that JK Rowling wrote as a companion to the Harry Potter novels.

I also researched online options too.

The first one I found was a site called thriftbooks.com. Most of the books are around $4 with free shipping. The only drawback is that most of them are out of date, but I believe readers could get good information from the essays on writing.

The second one was alibris.com. Many of the books were $1.06 plus shipping and handling. This place also had free shipping options too.

The third one was powells.com. They also had some inexpensive books that were around seven dollars.


I would love to expand my writing library to include more books on writing novels and writing fantasy and horror.
© Copyright 2012 very thankful (sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1896595-Writing-Resources