*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1896932-Technology-and-human
Rated: E · Other · Technology · #1896932
technology and human
Questions:
As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not ehold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

My essay
Do people really rely more and more on technology to solve problems? Take iPhone 5, the newly-released smart phone, as an example. Before the iPhone 5 were sold on markets many iPhone lovers around the globe have already made self-edited films to vision the new smart features iPhone might have. Such features that we can work on iPhone without even going to the office and that iPhone 5 can actually become invisible! After it was free to market, people carrying one may use it to make business calls and arrangements, book a flight or hotel, go online for shopping or GPS, even down to keep daily chores tighten up such as paying taxes and other payments. These activities done on iPhone 5 suggest that people really rely more on technology to solve problems nowadays.
“Technology comes from humanity.” Although technology takes more important roles in people’s daily life, the ability of humans to think for themselves will not deteriorate. Take a deeper inspection on the example of iPhone 5. People use their mobile phone because they encounter problems or some needs. They make business calls and arrangement because those can be done immediately via their phone. They pay taxes through a smart phone because it saves time and is less likely to get the figure wrong with the help of computer. By and large, people keep looking for a way to solve problems more efficiently and accurately, which is when they turn to more technology. Eventually, we humans are the one who know how and when to use the technology to solve problems.
The inference that they lose the ability to solve problems once people rely too much on technology is logically inversed. The statement might sound correct if it was put in this way: if the ability of humans to think for themselves is deteriorated, more and more technology will be used to solve problems for us. It sounds to be correct that once people can’t even find a solution themselves, “someone” will provide technology to render the problems. It is, however, false that the “someone” will never exist because the statement refers to the deterioration of the ability of humans as a race entity.
I, therefore, disagree with this statement. Technology cannot wipe out the human intelligence even though human rely more on it. Human is the mother of technology.
© Copyright 2012 StreamBell (reifsflame at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1896932-Technology-and-human