*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897385-Auburn
by Nina
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Tragedy · #1897385
Lost love/ tragedy assignment for class...
         Her entrance left me stunned. I was a deer in headlights...a distant planet drawn in by her radiance...She made me wish I was a man better at creating analogies of the same elegance she had in every step she took.

         Her cold steel eyes met my no doubt awestruck gaze. With each click of her stilettos as they ventured closer the pain, the pure agony of desire welled and throbbed in the depths of my chest, accelerating as she grew nearer.
         She slinked into my booth as agile as a serpent on the hunt. Even in the dim of pub-light her auburn hair illuminated her graceful alabaster features. Her hands smoothed the skirt of her black laced dress that accented every one of her curves with precision. My throat was being tortured in a searing pyre that my petrified mind had created to burn away all the words, explanations and thoughts I had prepared for her.

         "Evelyn..." I gasped, choking out the name, as gorgeous the vision in raven blue that sat mere inches away.

         She didn't say anything but questioned with a gaze. She always said everything with a look. I loved that. But then again, I love everything about her. I was going to burst the fire needed to be smothered with the words I needed to let out...

         "We've been intimate Evelyn. It can't be ignored. But I'm not talking about those make-out sessions in the copy room. I'm not talking about how great the sex is. I'm talking about those moments you'll let me hold you and brush the hair out of your face...and you telling me how you'd love to see Alaska because you've always wanted to experience a tundra of snow to frolic in... I'm talking about how I know...and I think you do too... deep down...that you're capable of being loved."

         More or less, she stormed out without a word. I didn't run to her, knowing it would make matters worse. She told me once she never cried, that it wasn't in her nature. But when she exited the booth...I heard the softest sniffle.
© Copyright 2012 Nina (baninabeana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897385-Auburn