*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897707-Darkie
Rated: E · Prose · Fantasy · #1897707
The shadow.
Darkie swung her arms back and forth. She was ready to play. Then she picked up the bat and swung it back and forth and smiled. The moonless night felt great. One thing she didn't have was a friend to play with her at midnight. Glancing down the street, she could see her best friend's house. Anytime she needed something her friend was always there. At this time her friend would be asleep.

Darkie looked back at the baseball bat. Then turned to face the other way. Sometimes there would be children running around in the streets. It was fun to tease them unless they became scared or cried. All the children would be asleep at this time of night though. She frowned, then smiled. Picking up her bat, gloves, and ball, she headed toward the ally. There was a huge wall that would stop the ball from flying away, and she can hit hard too.
© Copyright 2012 Angelica- House Florent B & W (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897707-Darkie