*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897924-Girls---start
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Romance/Love · #1897924
The first part of a thing i'm doing about youth and romance and growing up and whatever
Chapter 1
When Jack woke up at sixteen years old on a Saturday morning in June, he was alone. Not tragically, not bitterly; just casually alone. He was starting to drift out of the safe harbour of childhood, and the ocean that stretched in front of him seemed just a little bit daunting.
But of course, what sixteen year old feels any differently? And when Jack and his friends met in the park, at least they could start to ride the waves of independence.
On the train to the next town over where everybody would meet, Jack walked down to the last carriage and took a seat next to the window, hoping the ticket inspector wouldn’t reach him during the ten minute journey. It wasn’t exactly the boldest act of rebellion, but he reasoned that if they wouldn’t let him drive or drink then he’d be damned before he bought an ‘adult’ ticket.
He smiled to himself as he walked through the open barriers of Tonbridge station, the sun glinting on the concrete and the blue sky before him. This was going to be a good day. Already the new summer air had sparked that youthful sense inside of him, that sense of control, of hope and excitement, and… expectation. The world was his today.
Dave was waiting for him, and they greeted each other with the over-enthusiasm of fresh friendship. They walked towards the park and saw the green field yawning in front of them, empty – save for the group of friends that Jack was now part of. Misfits, of course, and rebels, like every other group of sixteen year olds alive. Except… one more person than the last time. One more girl, slim figure, dark clothes, caught Jack’s eye, one more girl, except this one carried herself differently.
It was almost as if she didn’t belong with the idealistic pallet that made up the summer colours, and now the sun caught her it couldn’t stick; she sparkled with dark, indifference and accidental style.
And so Jack met Victoria and Victoria met Jack.
© Copyright 2012 Jack Cassidy (jaybobi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1897924-Girls---start