*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898893-The-Downfall-of-Love
Rated: E · Monologue · Experience · #1898893
Writing Prompt: Write 15 minutes on the downfall of love
Writing Prompt: Write 15 minutes on the downfall of love.

start time: 2:20pm 10/19/2012
end time: 2:35pm 10/19/2012
word count: 373

They say it is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all. I wonder if the person that coined that phrase has ever really lost a love. A true love. I doubt it; because when things go wrong, and I mean really wrong, and everything is falling apart around you, I guarantee not one person has thought 'I'm so glad I fell in love'. Sometimes things happen. Love can start out so great and so fulfilling. Then there are time when it doesn't seem worth it but you stick through it anyway, because that's love, right? Love is pain. Love is toughing it out because it's supposed to be worth it in the end. Sometimes it's just not - worth it, that it. Sometimes all the pain and struggles of a relationship are just not worth putting yourself through in the end because in the end, what good does it do you really?

Love has a funny way of making you feel differently about yourself. Sometimes it can be the best feeling in the world, you feel invincible; on top of the world. A lot of the time though, love leaves you feeling crushed and broken; worthless even. How can that be better for you then never having loved at all? Sure, you've had the experience, and maybe you never would have known what love was about, had you never fallen in love. That doesn't necessarily mean it's better though. It just means you know more. Which I guess is better; knowledge is power and all that, but honestly? If you've ever been in love and it's torn your soul apart and left you feeling crushed and almost dead inside...sometimes you just don't want that knowledge. You don't want to know how that feels like. In fact, I'm sure you could go your entire life having never felt that bad and still managed to make it through for the better. Love is like loading a gun, spinning the barrel and aiming it at your heart.

Love is a game of chance and honestly, the odds aren't that great.
© Copyright 2012 Chaos Princess (chaosprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898893-The-Downfall-of-Love