*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1899197-Letter-Home-to-a-Veteran
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #1899197
My personal heartfelt letter home to a very special veteran. Always loved, and my "hero".
My Dearest Doug,

         There are no words to express how very much I love you. You have been my rock since the day that we met and now you are not here for me to lean on. I know that you had another job to do but that does not make me miss you any less. I honestly hope you know how very much you are loved and missed here.

         I sit here and think of all the special memories that we have shared. Taking the girls to the beach, going shooting together over at Collin's or at the gun range. It is kind of funny that I was scared of guns until I fell in love with a SFC in the army. That makes me laugh. We spent so much time getting to know one another over the computer while you were serving in Iraq and then that wonderful time came when we met and fell in love. That was nearly 5 years ago now. Wow, baby you have been all over the place in your military career but I guess that is pretty normal for someone who serves for 23.5 years.

         The stories you have told me are so amazing. Some heartwarming and some heartbreaking. I sit here now and think of my heartache that I cannot reach out to you and touch you and hold you. The very sad part about that is that I will never be able to do that again. The saddest day of my life came on May 29, 2012. I was informed that you had passed away. There would be no more special memories. No more spoiling the girls together. On June 4, 2012 I laid you to rest. That day was pure devastation! So many people offering condolences, offering to help, offering to be there. None of them understood that I did not want them, I wanted you!

         So, I sit here and I send this letter home to you.... Up in Heaven. I know that you are happy there and that you are safe and no longer will suffer the evil of this world. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of you. I always called you "hero" and still to this day you are my "hero". You called us "your girls". Well rest assured hero, that your girls miss you so very much and our hearts ache that you are no longer here with us! We love and miss you so much!! Please enjoy that glorious Heaven and wait for me there, for some day I will see you again.

Love always,
Angela

In Loving Memory of SFC Douglas H. Crossley
October 13, 1966 - May 29, 2012
Served 23 1/2 years US Army
© Copyright 2012 Angel_Eyes (angelapurser at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1899197-Letter-Home-to-a-Veteran