*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1899530-It-Will-Be-the-Dawn
Rated: E · Sample · Romance/Love · #1899530
A sad little sample of love and death. This is newly revised!
Eliza lay limp on the bed, her dark hair plastered to her face with sweat. I sat near her, pleading with my eyes. She could not leave; it was not her time.



“Hold me.” Her voice was barely a whisper now. Frightened, I gently took her in my arms and sat by the open window beside the bed. Her head rested against mine and she weakly kept her eyes open. Every pore on my body willed her to stay with me.



Eliza looked out the window, gazing at the brightening sky.



“Just until sunrise,” I heard her murmur. Men did not cry, and yet here I was with wet cheeks.



“Stay with me,” I choked. Sadly, she barely shook her head and looked directly into my eyes.



“Just until sunrise. It will be the dawn.” Her breath stopped just as the first rays of sunshine hit her face.

© Copyright 2012 Savannah Rose (savannahrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1899530-It-Will-Be-the-Dawn