*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1899985-The-End-Of-Another-Golf-Season
Rated: E · Article · Sports · #1899985
How to cope with the end of another short but sweet golf season
It seems the older I get the faster time goes by. It's close to the end of October and another Summer has come and gone faster than the speed of sound. As an avid golfer the end of long warm days spent on the course quickly turn into long cold days waiting for Spring to arrive. For me personally that means returning to my local health club and signing on for another six months to get me through the off season. This helps keep me active, and takes my mind off the dreary Illinois Winters.

This year has been great due in large part to my son who joined my golf league as my partner. We play on a competative two-man league every Thursday and won the championship! Not bad for our first year together. My old partner had to give up the game due to back issues and I thought I would have to quit the league. Thank goodness my son was able to reschedule his duties as a nurse for the whole Summer.

During our twenty week season, we compiled a league leading 14 and 6 record. It helps to have a partner that can drive the ball 280 yards and putt like Palmer. But enough about me, my son plays pretty well for a young guy. I take pride in the fact that the swing I taught him when he was nine years old,still works twenty years later.

Now as the days grow shorter , and the temperature rapidly begins to drop . I can look back at this season as one of my best memories. Hopefully those memories will carry me thru March when we start preparing for the new season. Once the snow melts, we're right back out there again.

© Copyright 2012 golfnut (golfnut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1899985-The-End-Of-Another-Golf-Season