*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1900013-All-Hallows-Eve
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Holiday · #1900013
When the veil between this world and the next fades
Derick sat on the couch watching his new wall mounted 84" ultra high definition 3D flat screen T.V. The remote control lay on his lap, while beside him rested large double pepperoni pizza. He knew Gina would disapprove of the greasy pizza lying on her beautiful scarlet leather couch, but Gina was three months in the grave. He was now the proud owner of the couch, the house, and the insurance money.

The doorbell ring, he got up and went into the entrance hall. Opening the door, he was greeting with a chorus of "Trick or Treat" and a dozen children dressed as zombies, werewolves, and vampires. Laughing, he handed them each a bag of chocolates and a gift certificate to a near by fast food restaurant. Then, after checking the time, to make sure it was 9:00 P.M. he shut the door, turned out the front porch light and returned to the living room to watch Zombie Football.

Well, Gina, he thought putting his feet on the coffee table and picking up a large slice of pizza, I guess I win this round. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the movement of a shadow, so placing the pizza on the arm of the couch he went to checked it out, but found nothing out of the ordinary.

Returning to the living room, he stopped in the doorway as a chill crawled up his spine. "Gina... Gina, you're..."

"It's Halloween, Derick," Gina's ghost laughed, "the veil between worlds has faded and we have unfinished business."
© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1900013-All-Hallows-Eve