*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1900170-Those-Little-Fairies
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Environment · #1900170
Those cute little fairies of childhood were once devilish imps.
I opened my eyes to a meadow of brightly colored flowers. The pinks, blues and sun kissed yellows danced in my vision so brilliantly that my retinas burned. I rubbed my eyes with closed fists, much like a child.

I took a hesitant step. My nimble feet came in contact with the unreal smoothness of the glistening green grass. Butterflies scattered around me as I disturbed their feeding. Fluttering monarchs, graceful red admirals, and delicate holly blues slowly glided away as I watched their precisely carved wings cut through the barely blowing breeze.

Children’s giggles were brought to me as quiet whispers on this lazily concocted breath of air. I turned around and watched as three little girls with matching bouncing curls of blonde, brown, and orange, ran up to me. They danced around me and held my hands, twirling me in circles. Each girl had on a summer’s dress; one of light green, one of pink and the other of sparkling champagne. Their thin little legs lifted themselves off of the ground, taking me with them, leaving my loosely tied anklet on the ground below. I closed my eyes and swayed with their giggles paying no attention to the lost piece of jewelry.

One shrill cry of horror brought me out of my slumber and back into the real world of my queen bed in my light yellow room. I looked at my mother who was beside my bed, searching through my bedside table.

“Where has your anklet gone?! That was your grandmother’s!!” She screamed, throwing papers and pencils out onto the floor.

“The fairies stole it.” I replied with a cutesy smile, typical of a 5 year old child.
© Copyright 2012 javachille (javachille at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1900170-Those-Little-Fairies