*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1900680-This-is-ours
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1900680
A description on how the relationship between a young couple has and their euphoria
Sitting on the bed as I watch him run back up the stairs to grab something to drink, as I wonder if whenever I see him it will always play out like this. Me, coming over to an empty house, and him making me forget he's ever done anything wrong with a simple hug. A tender caress down my back as I take off my coat, or a gentle brush of his lips against mine, before all is forgiven. Will it always be that when we see each other, all it will be is erotic experiences? Will it always be that there isn't enough? Or will the good outweigh the bad for us, unlike so many others.
As abruptly as I think all of this, I'm cut off. As I hear his footsteps falling down the stairs, coming back to me. Watching his so familiar figure round the corner so that I can see his face. A face I could pick out of any crowd. The curling bronze hair, framing his face, the slightly more full top lip, and the breathtaking blue-green eyes. Eyes that tell stories and dance in the light. That sparkle when he laughs, and under their focus leave you feeling like you are the only person in the world, and that gaze between you could last a lifetime.
Greeting me with a kiss, he falls on the bed beside me. I take a moment to appreciate his physique. His wide shoulders, his long muscular arms. I take in his calloused yet soft and tender hands, his crooked fingers. Raking my eyes down to see his strong chest, and muscular legs. Smiling when I see his feet, because of the squareness of them, it always brings a slight smile to my face. The only constant thought coursing through my mind is
"I love you."
Pulling me down to his level to cuddle, I sigh knowing how comfortable he is to be around. I sigh in the recognition of what a great part in my life he plays. Also at how I know that at the drop of a hat, I would be willing to give up so much for him. I sigh, in knowing he's mine.

We lay together in silence, content in each others company. He kisses my forehead as I draw shapes on the back of his hand. It's such a still and calm moment, so out of the ordinary in our lives, that we savor it, hold on to it, make it last as long as time will let us. A text interrupts our moment, instantly breaking apart the stillness and tranquility and flipping to a total opposite. As i go to sit up to see if the text is important, he grabs my hand and pulls me down to him and kisses me. Naturally I kiss back.
Just as naturally he takes it one step further. Maneuvering his body so its over my own, dragging hands along the sides of my ribs, the sides of my thighs, to just above my knee, and back again traveling the same route to crush my face to his. His other hand, is teasing up my shirt to expose a thin strip of my stomach. I arch my back up so that he can life it just a little further. I start to drag my nails down his back, softly enough to tease, but hard enough not to go un-noticed. Sliding my hands around to his chest meanwhile teasing his shirt over his head. Always continuing to drag my nails down his body.
He starts dragging his fingers ever so lazily along the waistband of my jeans, almost agonizingly slow. I shiver, not from the cold, but from the intensity of the moment. From not knowing what could happen next. I stop dragging my nails along his back in favor of locking one hand in his hair, making him gasp, and the other locked around his neck, holding him to me. I realize as my mind starts to drift from the moment that I'm losing my focus on it, becoming bored. I also know he hasn't quite tired yet. He continues with the moment and takes me as far as I dare in my so limited experience with the unknown. Before unlocking my hand from his hair, lowering my leg, and just holding him softly. He lowers himself to lay beside me, and i run my fingers through his hair. He shivers with pleasure as I expect him to. It brings a small smile to my face as I tip my head up to kiss his cheek.
Even though I know he isn't tired enough to go to sleep, he closes his eyes and relaxes against me. His breathing slows, and I continue running my fingers through his hair. I know he can hear my heart beat, so I match my breathing to his and hope I calm down quickly. He grabs my free hand with his, and interlocks our fingers before letting them fall to rest by us again.
I feel again the intense and powerful love I am overwhelmed by day by day in realization of the depth of it for him. I close my eyes and relax as well. Re-living every moment, so that my flimsy memory won't forget. So that when I leave his company again, I will have these precious and innocent memories to hold onto and bring with me when I go. That is always my hardest point in our relationship. When I remember that no matter the moment, eventually one of us will leave. There will always be a goodbye to go through. I always have the hard realization that, I don't know when I'll see him again. All I have is the love we share, and the immense trust that I put into tomorrow.
© Copyright 2012 Babbles (babbles_79 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1900680-This-is-ours