*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902107-Lotto-player-wins-at-the-end
by Boz
Rated: · Article · Finance · #1902107
IThis anecdote describes how a gambler nearly lost the jackpot although he won
Lotto game has been introduced in Mauritius since 2009. Many persons have been lucky enough to win astronomical sums after forecasting the correct numbers However, recently an event occured in the annals of gambling which has upset the world of lotto.It is funny and sad at the same time . Obviously, it will remain memorable for the guy involved in it.
He had foercasted the exact numbers and won the fabulous sum of Rs 35 million. He committed such a blunder for which he was tormented morally and I think will remain anchored in his memory for ever.

On the 28th September 2011, he went to Happy Snack, at Quay D, Marine Park in Port- Louis. Being there to register his lotto ticket, he inscribed the good numbers namely 4,7,15,17,28 and 35. According to him he betted for the sum of Rs100. His ticket was validated and he was entitled to receive the jackpot of Rs35.8 million.
However, on the following Monday he committed such a foolish deed which had cost him dearly. He was on his way to the National Lottery to collect his winnings. Unconsciously, at a specific moment he laid the golden goose on a wet table.When he realised his mistake his first reflex was to dry the piece of paper with an iron plate. Alas ! luck was not in his favour.. Immediately it changed colour to become completely dark.
The matter was referred to the police and the Forensic Science Laboratory for enquiries. to confirm if the ticket was genuine .The gambler and his family were completely upset by this mishap. Being severely depressed and due to extremely low morale, they indulged in intense prayers. Since the Forensic department failed to detect the figures on the ticket at a certain time the authorities were envisaging to send the ticket to the USA for further anlaysis.
One month elapsed since this misfortune and the company had not yet paid the chap.
After enquiry both the police and the Gambling Regulatory Authority flashed the green signal to pay the winner his due. According to Lototech, the organising company, it had to seek legal advice for further actions. Instructions were given to the winner by Mr Antonio, the Public Affairs Manager to fill a claims form by but the former prefered to wait.

Finally this sad story turned into a happy ending. On the 28th October 2011 the Alfred Hitchcock's suspense which prevailed for nearly one month was stopped. Since the very beginning of the event the fellow was optimistic and confident that he would be compemsated for the winnings. Indeed, he was relieved on obtaining the sum in totto. He was a lucky man. All is well that ends well.
© Copyright 2012 Boz (jaguar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902107-Lotto-player-wins-at-the-end