*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903162-Quick-Snip-of-Writing
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Writing · #1903162
This is a small piece of the first chapter of my book. looking for critique.
The first semester was rough. Classes were harder than I expected and my grades showed that. I decided to switch majors to ease the pain of horrible grades. Family was supportive of my choices and that was a relief. I thought that I would be lectured for days. Turns out, they were glad I made the choice on my own and so was I. Computers were always my biggest interest and getting a degree in computer science was a no brainier. With degree in hand, I set out to begin my life as a non-student and to pursue a career in programming. You're probably thinking that Iowa isn't the greatest place to get started with that career but hey, I like the atmosphere here, and to be quite frank, it's quiet here.
Big cities were always my first choice and living 20 minutes outside of Des Moines was great. Bright lights, big city. That's what always got me. The local scene was great. Altoona, Iowa. That's where I moved to. My house on Bentwood Court was anything but small, especially for one man in his early 20's living by himself, but I get by. My job on Altoona Campus was not all that rewarding either. It was your normal run of the mill, nine to five technical support job, helping the little old professors try and figure out what was wrong with their computers. Usually it was just a script error in some programs that required a quick re-install. It was enough to pay rent for the house and also put a little money in my pocket at the end of the month. This was spent down at the local pub with every inch of dignity I had. Like I mentioned before, meeting women was hard. It never came naturally to me. A few jack and coke's later, I'm ready to try my luck. Every now and again, I get one, but it takes time. After I get past the thought process in my head, she looses interest.
This time was different. She walked in like she owned the place, which I'm sure she did.
© Copyright 2012 Tyler Kulesa (tkulesa12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903162-Quick-Snip-of-Writing