*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903572-Thankful-Freestyle
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1903572
Poem of Thanks inspired by todays Poetry newsletter: Thankful Thanks By: Quizmo LaGrande
Don't know what to say,
not sure what to write;
I'm thinking, I'm trying with all of my might.

Surely I'm thankful,
I'm full of such glee,
How can I possibly list all that's important to me?

My car, my house (apartment for sure);
my invisible dog, my family and more;

I love my life, hate my job, could take or leave a shopping spree;
at the end of the day I'm just glad to be me.

I've no right to complain,
no need to be blue,
I'm thankful, SO thankful,
just to share this with you. *Bigsmile*


Full prompt:
Still in the wake of Veterans' Day and with Thanksgiving Day just around the corner, thankfulness is the order of the day, of the season, and well, heck... we should all be thankful everyday!

Tis the holiday time of year.. the air is cooling. I'm now living close to the Canadian border in the great northwest. It's frickin' cold up here; but, I'm thankful for a warm home and a warm handsome being to hold me close at night. (And I'm not talking about the dog!)

It is the season of blessings, and yes, I'm big on thankfulness and of counting one's blessings. I love the fact that I am so blessed that I have been able to travel and experience different regions of the continental United States with nary a penny in my pocket nor a destination in mind for the past year or so. I am so grateful and thankful to all the angels who I've met and who have helped me on my way. Maybe I'm here to stay, maybe not, but all-in-all, it's been an amazing journey!

We live in a wonderful world. Look around you, people, there is so much to be thankful for. It's time to write it down. Write down what you are grateful for, and at the same time, let your inner poet run true! Make a list everyday of the things you treasure--be it your fingers, your lover, your children, the food you eat. I can't emphasize enough, gratitude is the attitude of abundance.

I'm thankful for fingers, for Writing.com,
The Internet, keyboards, and my dear old Mom,
For furry white friends, Huckleberries, and knees,
The amazing Northwest with all of its trees!

You can do better than that. Send me your list of thanks... rhyme it, time it... read it to your loved ones on Thanksgiving day or print it out and leave it at their holiday gathering place-settings; it will be a gift they never forget.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Printed in "Poetry Newsletter (December 11, 2012)

Image credit: http://stressfreeinfertilityblog.com/2012/11/22/happy-thanksgiving/
© Copyright 2012 A*Monaing*Faith (afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903572-Thankful-Freestyle